Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
We might have an opening..........SE Arkansas.........behind the levee....West side of the Arkansas River across from Big Island..........under a Management plan for about 8 or 10 years now..........deer, duck, squirrel, hog, turkey, bear and fishing...........it's not cheap though.........PM me if interested and I'll check to see if we are gonna have any openings.............

We have several members from NE Arkansas....

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
I think I have sent PM's to all concerned....I got in Late last night, and was in LR all day today!! I think we might have 1 opening, but I have been unable to confirm this, as the Secretary of the Club is on vacation, until next week!! As soon as I find out, I'll let the interested persons know...first come first serve......just trying to be fair!!

Here is a brief rundown........

Approx 2400 acres...25 total members.........Club house/meat/skinning shack/walk-in cooler...campers allowed, but only during the season (timber co rule)

Dues; ONE TIME GATE FEE OF $500.......APPROX $1800/yr in 3 installments......it ain't cheap!!

To be considered, you must hunt 5 days, so other members can meet you....I would sponsor you (only allowed on the property when I am there...until offered the membership & dues paid)..also until membership is offered and dues paid before YOU could NOT bring wife/kids/Dads(etc) to hunt........guest fee for the 5 days is $150(applies to certain dates/hunts)........then submit a letter to the Board, and then you must be voted on.......if someone is already on the waiting list, They will be offered the membership...if they accept, you go to top of list, until there is an opening........I waited 3 years after being voted on, before an opening came up!!!!

NO CORN FEEDERS/FEEDING OF ANY TYPE..timber co. rule:smack: If caught feeding, you get kicked out and the lease can be revoked by the Timber co., then no one has a place to hunt!!! Real fast way to loose friends!!

One camp in the area had a member feeding last year, and got caught, right before season........no one had a place to hunt then...the timber co., yanked the lease!! another got caught abusing the timber co Management plan...they got to keep the lease, but the minimum requirements on deer antler size was increased considerably, which made it very hard for them to kill a 'Legal buck'!!!

SO RULES ARE VERY STRICT AND ENFORCED.........

It is a Family camp, where Wives and Kids are Welcome, whether they hunt or not!!!! We run a clean camp, and follow the Rules...both AGfC and timber co !!!!! Got too much invested to loose it, if ya know what I mean!!

As soon as I find out about the opening/openings.......I'll let ya know!!

I have the PM's I got saved and it will be.......first come, first served.......it's the only way to be FAIR, If we only have one opening!!! Then we'll go from there, with rest of the rules/By-laws, and set up a time to meet and show ya around.......

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just joined.
This one should be in your price range.
We fill the freezer every year.
Spring Turkey is under-hunted.

Coyote Hunting Club, near Camden, AR (Locust Bayou)
We have openings for about 5 members. From $300, deer only, one area or $500 per year, deer and spring turkey, family included, 2 areas. Approx 3000 acres total, 20 members. Paper company land. Camping with hookups. Meeting June 7th. Contact Fred 901-761-4065 or email [email protected] for map and recent newsletter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.