Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
6,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our Deltic statement today, and our campsite fee went up tremendously. :censored: Like, almost 7 times what it was. That's not the per acre part. It's the 1 acre campsite fee, as they call it. Anybody else get hosed that bad this year? :mad:

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
Yep!!

Timberstar has a 90 dollar assessment for keys on my statement.........I don't have any locks from them!!!!!

I have a call in for them to call me to discuss this...........

I haven't gotten my deltic invoice yet.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
We've been paying a Camp Area fee for several years..leased from the old Anderson Tully...can't remember their new name, since they were bought out!! Lease fee is $100 per building on the 2 acre camp area.......so my lease is an additional $100 per year for the cabin!!

supposed to cover revenue lost from timber resources on that 2 acres..yeah right...they get about $1800 or so a year off that 2 acres with us!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Unless the timber market improves, I think we are really going to get nailed by lease increases. We bought 2 acres for our camp to set on several years ago, but the dang property taxes are ridiculous for a spot in the middle of the woods.

·
6,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Their website says $350/year.

That's what it used to be. :frown: Our increased to $2400. According to the letter we got everyone's may not go up the same amount. It's gonna be based on what you have as far as location. We are right on the Ouachita River so recreational use other than hunting comes into play when you look at ours. At least that's the way our letter read.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
That's what it used to be. :frown: Our increased to $2400. According to the letter we got everyone's may not go up the same amount. It's gonna be based on what you have as far as location. We are right on the Ouachita River so recreational use other than hunting comes into play when you look at ours. At least that's the way our letter read.
Is that for a permanent camp with permanent structures? What kind of acreage does the camp encompass?

·
6,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, permanent camp, covered skinning rack, deck and floating dock. It's all on an acre or maybe just a tad over and acre. The statement says one acre is all they charge us for.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Yes, permanent camp, covered skinning rack, deck and floating dock. It's all on an acre or maybe just a tad over and acre. The statement says one acre is all they charge us for.
So around $200.00 a month to have a campsite on a lease. That is a bit steep. Hunting leases have inflated sice they came to be. More of the same is in the future. Supply and demand.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I tried to warn you guys on some posts about a month ago- Plum Creek with their $6.00 per acre charge and additional camping site and food plot fees-I knew the other timber companies would not take too long to follow their lead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.