Arkansas Hunting banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,865 Posts
Called 4 so far and can’t get anyone interested enough to do it for some reason. That’s why I asked for good alternatives that would be a permanent fix. I’m going to keep trying but it seems like nobody wants to work.
I’d go with the sheet rock idea, gotta be lots of that crap getting hauled to landfills, maybe hang around sites that are tearing down old buildings and houses!

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you could import some of that red fill dirt from the NW corner of the state and roll it in I think you’d have it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
UPDATE. I ordered 26,000# of bulk sodium bentonite out of Wyoming and had a contractor spread it while it has been low. I think we found the leak when a big truck sunk up in a soft spot in the lower part of the dam. It appears that it has compromised itself just above the rock bottom so it’s got a ton of clay mixed up in the hole alone. I’ll update when it’s full again. It’s going to be almost an acre of water if it will hold at the top most of the year. I’ve heard a lot of great things about using bentonite so I sure hope that it does the job here.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
UPDATE. I ordered 26,000# of bulk sodium bentonite out of Wyoming and had a contractor spread it while it has been low. I think we found the leak when a big truck sunk up in a soft spot in the lower part of the dam. It appears that it has compromised itself just above the rock bottom so it’s got a ton of clay mixed up in the hole alone. I’ll update when it’s full again. It’s going to be almost an acre of water if it will hold at the top most of the year. I’ve heard a lot of great things about using bentonite so I sure hope that it does the job here.
Dang I wish I would have known you needed bentonite , I had a bore contractor leave 30 pallets in my construction yard in Wyoming this spring and told me to give it away or sell it.
I finally had a guy come get it about a month ago.
It will seal a hole up and horses and cows will eat it like crazy. We did a big bore across the river here in February and I told the guys to fence off the entry and exit pits with barb wire , well they didn’t and we bought a cow that got down and was having a Buffett and couldn’t get out.
Did you know an old worn out cow on its last leg sells for 4500.00 ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Dang I wish I would have known you needed bentonite , I had a bore contractor leave 30 pallets in my construction yard in Wyoming this spring and told me to give it away or sell it.
I finally had a guy come get it about a month ago.
It will seal a hole up and horses and cows will eat it like crazy. We did a big bore across the river here in February and I told the guys to fence off the entry and exit pits with barb wire , well they didn’t and we bought a cow that got down and was having a Buffett and couldn’t get out.
Did you know an old worn out cow on its last leg sells for 4500.00 ?
Sorry that we missed each other. I’ve been putting out request about where to get some for over a year without anyone replying. I sure hope it gets the job done. It does look very promising as it is starting to bond with the original sandy clay mix pretty well just from the morning dew. That is some gooey stuff!

·
Registered
88 Posts
How much was the bentonite clay?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
I honestly don't have a name of the company. I just know it was Wyoming sourced. Myself and another shared the load, so he paid their invoice and I paid him back. I looked online and it appears that there are multiple sources.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts