Late season grunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by dayton, Dec 30, 2010.

1. dayton

dayton Well-Known Member

I am going hunting tomorrow and should i grunt? I have grunted in mid season and did really good, but i have never grunted late season. Should I? And how late in the season is to late:head::head:

2. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

The other day while hunting I heard a grunt. Shortly a large bodied spike walked out. They may grunt some to locate other deer.

3. dudeman

dudeman Well-Known Member

I ve tried over the last week and havent had much success but i seen a buck in some brush and i hit the grunt call and he came right to me so my guess is the fighters will still come to grunt.

4. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Just fart an cough they come right to you. Othere day hooking cable up an was on the edge of the woods. I fart then started to cough 4pt an three doe's came running up to me.:up:

5. 10pointman

10pointman Waterfowl forum Sheriff<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

:fit::fit: Might wanna try that in the woods.

6. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Funny you say that 10pointman. I had the runs one time while hunting an had to answer to the call. Pants down, smokeing cig, and coughing my lungs up. When done didn't even get the pants up. With bow in hand the old string band play not one but two notes one doe an a spike (b4 3pt rule). :up:

7. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

That's what I credit my smoke pole 7pt to the other day..........
    was Grunting like crazy........

My stomach that is from the chilli I had at lunch!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::fit::fit: