late hunting camo pattern?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by carbonelement, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Usually I am tagged out by this point so I have never really had to worry about camo for late season. Almost all of my camo is mossy oak. I do have a leafy suit I sometimes wear. Neither one of which do a lot of blending in around this time. So what kind of camo pattern do I need to be looking at getting? Thanks in advance for all of the advice and help.

2. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

Natural Gear, all year. :thumb:

3. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

Been a fan of the new mossy oak treestand for a couple of years now. I found out this year its hard to find for some reason. Predator fall gray is great if you can find some. I would probably wear more predator camo if someone would come along and make some better clothing.

4. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

It's hard to beat. :up:

5. Arkansas Archer

I haven't bought any nat gear in a while does it still fade after a while.

6. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Mine hadn't but it's only about a year old, the pants I got I think will hold their color pretty good being it's not really a cloth type material. The only thing I don't like about them and I didn't notice it when I bought them, they have zip off legs and you want to talk about pulling hair sometimes.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  7. Arkansas Archer

I've still got what i bought when it first came out. Put it on and about dusty dark you look like you glowing.

8. Gford

Gford Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne

Bismarck
    X3.......works great all year

9. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

In a few days it may be basic white!:razz::biggrin:

10. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

Possum, I believe that's the same reason SC shaves his legs:fit: you could do the same, atleast where the zipper is anyways:up:

Carl

11. thanks guys, I will look into natgear and predator camo. Thanks for the advice.

12. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne

I like mossyoak treestand and the old treestand that mossyoak made. Truth is it all blends in better when its faded a little. In the late season that is.

13. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I dont sweat it too much and usually wear the same stuff, mostly Mossy Oak Break Up. A lot of my best late season bowhunts last year I was wearing green wool pants, no camo. I dont think deer see THAT well.

14. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

Predator Fall Brown or Fall Gray

15. SKEETER

SKEETER Well-Known Member

NE AR
    predator fall grey

16. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

Main thing I have discovered is what is behind you .... you need to blend in with your background. I hunt from the ground so not much experience hanging a stand.

17. John Stiles

Still sayin white:biggrin::razz:

18. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    John, I've got a stand behind the house where you can get skylined pretty bad. Last year I took an old white Tshirt, cut out the sleeves and neck so I could wear it over my hunting coat. Worked like a charm.

19. John Stiles

:up: