Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Big Boy went down to Collins to meet my Dad at the camp.

We planned to hunt dogs and cats and crows. Well we did, but it wasn't a very successful trip.

We got one handicapped 'yote and a fox that was bent on suicide! The 'yote was apparently deaf, since my Dad and Big Boy were talking the whole set-up! And they were about 30 yds apart!!! But this ole dog came in anyway and got lit up for his troubles.

We moved about a half mile and were calling crows and had been shooting a few when a grey fox came running up the shooting lane to me... I popped him and then it was pretty much done!!!

The weather was dismal at best, with high winds and some heavy downpours!

The crows were like hunting late season snow geese.... real hard to call in!!!
They had been hounded I guess and just would not commit. We killed less than fifty all weekend long and those were shot at EXTREME ranges! There were none that came in. They just eihter sailed high overhead or would hang up in the trees a couple of hundred yards out.

We had a good visit and ate good, and we had a few cold beverages by the fire (when the rain didn't push us under one of the pole barns!)

Dad had never called crows before and he was all fired up about it, even as hard as they were to hunt. He's ready to come up next fall and get in on a good shoot!
All-in-all, it was a good time, just not a great hunt!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw bro, the visit is what I went for.

I just had hoped to get my Dad in on some fur shooting!!

But, I'm still sore in the ribs from laughing so much!!!! We really did have a good time!!

And you couldn't have asked for better weather to ride four-wheelers in! We had mud and water everywhere we went!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts