Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
I hunt in Greenbrier on some land a friend of the family owns. I did good to get to hunt it, and I can only take my boys and no one else on the place. Two other guys hunt the property as well, but they are some what caretakers of it. I would try knocking on doors and going about it that way, or if you go to church, see if any church members have land that they may let you hunt on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have not heard about the scout camp allowing hunting either. Where did you find out about that? There used to be some public cherokee land over by rabbit Ridge but not any more. It's all leased up by private hunting clubs now.

·
Member<br>2009 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<b
163 Posts
May not be real close but check out Greers Ferry WMA (Bow Hunting Only) and Gulf Mountain WMA west of Clinton. Other than that, knock on doors.

We used to have good luck finding places to Quail hunt around there in the old days.

One of the best ways to find good places in new areas is to talk to the local Game Warden.........he at least can tell you where NOT to go.

·
Registered
845 Posts
When did the boy scouts dill happen? My grandparents live across the road from it. And I have never known of any Cherokee on Rabbit Ridge either??
The boy scout wma started up about three years ago.

my cherokee map is a couple of years old....maybe they leased the land to a club? the plot on my map is on the northside of hwy 92 a mile or so just west of 285.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Camp robinson WMA & WDA. Camp wma rocks! only 6-8 days a year of gun hunting. i see lots biguns. i actually saw my biggest deer ever there, but it was up near the golf course cant hutn there but wow was he nice. I prefer hunting from about 0900 to 1500 on camp. really not that many people. and i live close.
Fetmo:usa:

·
Registered
845 Posts
I find it funny, as my son is a Boy Scout, and we are not allowed weapons of any type at the camp? :head: Thanks for letting me know though, I'll have to check it out.
My oldest boy is an Eagle Scout and spend some time at cove creek. he worked two summers as a counselor at camp daniel boone in north carolina. if your son ever has a chance to go to NC...take him. it is a great camp.

They wont even let you have a knife? you gotta earn your totem chip first!!:fit:

·
Registered
626 Posts
My oldest boy is an Eagle Scout and spend some time at cove creek. he worked two summers as a counselor at camp daniel boone in north carolina. if your son ever has a chance to go to NC...take him. it is a great camp.

They wont even let you have a knife? you gotta earn your totem chip first!!:fit:
I figured out where the Cherokee is. Its across the road from Billy Paul Rogers house and its been purple painted to dead.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts

My son won't being going to Damascus this year, as the camps our Pack does is in the fall, and I leave in a few days. I have promised him we will go next year come Hell or High Water! The rules do not mention a knife, come on you know a Cub or Boy SCout has to have a knife.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.