Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and I made our yearly trip to lake Overcup this past weekend and found the fishing to be terrible. We usually limit out on crappie with our yo-yos, but we couldn't seem to catch anything this weekend. We had over a hundred yo-yos out friday and saturday night, and we caught only two crappie.

I was wondering if anyone had an explanation for this. We noticed a lot of dead shad in the water along with a couple of dead crappie and a few dead turtles. Could there be something wrong with the lake? Let me know what you think.

· Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
I don't believe you po boy! The AGFC fishing report from yesterday says this.

LakeOvercup: Lakeview Landing (501-354-1470) said water conditions are normal. Crappie are fair on minnows and jigs. Bass are biting fairly well on worms and Crappie Stingers.
Overcup Landing (501-354-9007) said water conditions are normal. Bream are fair on crickets. Crappie are biting decently on yo-yos with minnows. Catfish are fair on trotlines.

And we know the AGFC reports are always right on the money, so how could you be telling the truth. :razz: :thumb:

· Registered
5,705 Posts
I don't believe you po boy! The AGFC fishing report from yesterday says this.

LakeOvercup: Lakeview Landing (501-354-1470) said water conditions are normal. Crappie are fair on minnows and jigs. Bass are biting fairly well on worms and Crappie Stingers.
Overcup Landing (501-354-9007) said water conditions are normal. Bream are fair on crickets. Crappie are biting decently on yo-yos with minnows. Catfish are fair on trotlines.

And we know the AGFC reports are always right on the money, so how could you be telling the truth. :razz: :thumb:
I believe that is the same report for 6 months and counting.:rolleyes:

· Registered
471 Posts
my dad is considered a crappie guru on that lake, the word is 2 weeks ago you could sit at the dock on the hwy 9 side of the lake and fill 5 gall buckets up with smaller crappie 3/4 to 1lb but daddy says it just aint time yet to break out the jigs,,,,,,,,,,but it wont be long mm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.