Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some friends and I made our yearly trip to lake Overcup this past weekend and found the fishing to be terrible. We usually limit out on crappie with our yo-yos, but we couldn't seem to catch anything this weekend. We had over a hundred yo-yos out friday and saturday night, and we caught only two crappie.

I was wondering if anyone had an explanation for this. We noticed a lot of dead shad in the water along with a couple of dead crappie and a few dead turtles. Could there be something wrong with the lake? Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Sounds like they fertilized it. We've had Bass tourney's on Overcup or Atkins or Brewer right after they fertilized them and it'll shut the fish down tight. It'll usually take a week or 2 to get back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
I don't believe you po boy! The AGFC fishing report from yesterday says this.

LakeOvercup: Lakeview Landing (501-354-1470) said water conditions are normal. Crappie are fair on minnows and jigs. Bass are biting fairly well on worms and Crappie Stingers.
Overcup Landing (501-354-9007) said water conditions are normal. Bream are fair on crickets. Crappie are biting decently on yo-yos with minnows. Catfish are fair on trotlines.

And we know the AGFC reports are always right on the money, so how could you be telling the truth. :razz: :thumb:

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
I don't believe you po boy! The AGFC fishing report from yesterday says this.

LakeOvercup: Lakeview Landing (501-354-1470) said water conditions are normal. Crappie are fair on minnows and jigs. Bass are biting fairly well on worms and Crappie Stingers.
Overcup Landing (501-354-9007) said water conditions are normal. Bream are fair on crickets. Crappie are biting decently on yo-yos with minnows. Catfish are fair on trotlines.

And we know the AGFC reports are always right on the money, so how could you be telling the truth. :razz: :thumb:
I believe that is the same report for 6 months and counting.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
471 Posts
my dad is considered a crappie guru on that lake, the word is 2 weeks ago you could sit at the dock on the hwy 9 side of the lake and fill 5 gall buckets up with smaller crappie 3/4 to 1lb but daddy says it just aint time yet to break out the jigs,,,,,,,,,,but it wont be long mm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts