Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to Lake Ouachita for our 5th spring break trip this year April 2-10 core of engineers campground in Joplin. In the past we have done pretty well on crappies but could always use some advice, Stripers have always got away and we could really use some help on that game. we have the equipment, just not the know how yet. In previous years we have taken a few locals from the resort and campground out on our 19' alumacraft dominator 70hp. Plenty of room for three, it's always made our trip to fish with people who know the lake. Let me know if you have any advice on crappies or stripers. Or if you would like to come fishing any of those days, it's just my buddy and I. Avid hunters and fishermen. Fishing during the day, Hot Springs at night!!!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Just to let you know, I was raised on DeGray, there are no Strippers in the lake, but there sure are some huge Hybrids and ALOT of them! During this time of year they will all be up the caddo river and if they are in there it is not uncommon to catch 50 a day! this time of the year the whitebass or hybrids will be in the river FOR SURE! but you can wreck a motor in a hurry if you dont know where the rocks are:banghead: Great lake to catch Bass, Crappie, Bream, cats and even Walleye! But I know this lake WELL! :up:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interested in fishing with us duck freak? any day or time would work for us..never fished that lake, love crappie fishing

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Just to let you know, I was raised on DeGray, there are no Strippers in the lake, but there sure are some huge Hybrids and ALOT of them! During this time of year they will all be up the caddo river and if they are in there it is not uncommon to catch 50 a day! this time of the year the whitebass or hybrids will be in the river FOR SURE! but you can wreck a motor in a hurry if you dont know where the rocks are:banghead: Great lake to catch Bass, Crappie, Bream, cats and even Walleye! But I know this lake WELL! :up:
true:up:there are some fish in there..this is prob my fav.lake to fish

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
i even love to fish maulmell (the dead sea)...i like it when it gets hard and you really have to work to catch um you really have to learn patterns and what to work and how deep..alot of people hate that lake cuzz they cant catch um there

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My buddy and i could definitely pick up either of you guys for a day of fishing if you would like. let us know...would make for a sweet day of fishing

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
My buddy and i could definitely pick up either of you guys for a day of fishing if you would like. let us know...would make for a sweet day of fishing
man i really thank you for the offer but i cant i cant get off work boss hass off theni have to fly to florida to see some family before he ships out to japan for 4 yrs..but were ever you pick id start with either crankbait,spinerbaits or the all trusty plastic..imo if yall find some hybirds tie a rouge or rattletrap on and get after um:up:

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
now if yall can come back in early april id have to let you know when for sure after i found um.. but i could get yall on some all day white bass fishing me and a buddy cought 135 in 2 days last year..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Qwack smacker, we are going to be in AR in early april. We get in to mountain harbor on April 2, and we don't leave till the 10th. White bass sounds like a blast.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I live on hamilton and go to ouachita regularly. Mainly black bass fishing is my game but know a couple of striper guides that fish out of crystal springs, same place i camp for spring break. crappie and bass great and usually stripers also this time of yr. pm me and maybe could hook up. I dont know a whole lot about that area of the lake though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds good, love gettin into the crappies in little fork and around crystal springs. Let us know if anyone wants to come along..time is getting near

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Hey, I tell you what. I know where around 50 crappie piles are in DeGray and they are usually loaded up with slabs! I only go after them a few times a year to fill the freezer. When you get down this way shoot me a PM and I will see if I can get out there with you. Do you have a good GPS and graph? I dont mind sharing the coordinates with you, I would just have to show you where they are at and you could mark them. :up:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts