Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever fish Lake Hamilton? I've only been on it 3 times and it was never to fish. My wife and I and another couple are staying at a house on the lake on the 22nd weekend and my wife and the other lady are going to a spa or to get a massage or something Saturday morning so I thought I'd take the boat and the other guy and I could try to catch some fish. Anyone have any pointers or advice or hot sports for Hamilton? I could use any info on it because again, I've never been on it fishing. :thumb: Thanks in advance!:thumb:

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I don't fish it much this time of year. However if you have good sonar find the brush piles and you will find the fish. This time of year find the brushpiles that is 10-15 foot of water off of points or close to shallow water. Throw a jig in there and hold on. Bass over 6lbs is not uncoommon for Lake Hamilton Little Mazarn is a very good place. If we are having several warm days a jerk bait or white spinner bait over points and cuts can be hot. Once the water warms and fish move shallow around the docks a floating worm or finess worm with a 1/16th head catches a boatload of fish. I like green pumpkin,
and red bug.
Once the water heats up it is back to the brushpiles.
This is pretty general but it is about as best as I can do. Hope it helps.

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't fish it much this time of year. However if you have good sonar find the brush piles and you will find the fish. This time of year find the brushpiles that is 10-15 foot of water off of points or close to shallow water. Throw a jig in there and hold on. Bass over 6lbs is not uncoommon for Lake Hamilton Little Mazarn is a very good place. If we are having several warm days a jerk bait or white spinner bait over points and cuts can be hot. Once the water warms and fish move shallow around the docks a floating worm or finess worm with a 1/16th head catches a boatload of fish. I like green pumpkin,
and red bug.
Once the water heats up it is back to the brushpiles.
This is pretty general but it is about as best as I can do. Hope it helps.
Thanks buck! No sonar so I guess I'll just have to stick my goggles on and hang my head out of the boat and look while the other guy drives. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
i live on the lake. i haven't fished it yet this year (been out of state working). the lake will be full by that time so fish should be moving shallower. you can run up little mazarn or hot springs creek if you want to fish for whites and hybrids ( be careful once you get to the back of mazarn, it gets shallow in a hurry with a lot of stumps) if you want to bass fish, any of the pockets around 7 south bridges and fish hatchery should be good for some fish, just start on the outside boat dock and work your way back in. spinnerbaits, jerk baits, trick worms and crank baits and finese worms, one of those should find you a few fish:biggrin: there is also a lot of crappie in the lake so you might also try some jigs also. i might make it home and get to fish some so i might be able to help a little more when it gets closer:thumb:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Anyone ever fish Lake Hamilton? I've only been on it 3 times and it was never to fish. My wife and I and another couple are staying at a house on the lake on the 22nd weekend and my wife and the other lady are going to a spa or to get a massage or something Saturday morning so I thought I'd take the boat and the other guy and I could try to catch some fish. Anyone have any pointers or advice or hot sports for Hamilton? I could use any info on it because again, I've never been on it fishing. :thumb: Thanks in advance!:thumb:
Yep, and I may take a hit on this, but I like white super flukes, and white roostertails.....took 2nd place[private tournament] last year.:wink:

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,642 Posts
I know most of the warmer months, the lake is HARD to fish... TOO many boats/jet skis/etc. to get any peace.

The non-black bass can be interesting at times....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts