Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys---Need a little advice to pass on to my little brother . He is fishing a bass tournament there (DeGray) in March and has put the pressure on me to come thru with some advice. I know there is some guys on this forum that can help me out. I would appreciate any tips.

·
Premium Member<br>2006 Turkey Team Contest Winner<
7,279 Posts
Rattletraps, Mid March start throwing Spinnerbaits, Last week of March throw trick worms or june bug lizard Carolina rig. Brushy would be a great place to start.

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Terminator spinnerbait in a golden shad on some flats! Tomatoe red deep Little N on the outside edges of the grass if they aint moved up yet!

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
Im going fishing on degray this saturday. I'll let you know what they are hitting on.....I hope they hit something. :thumb:

·
Member<br>2008 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner
145 Posts
work the outside grasslines with jigs and crankbaits, unless it has warmed up considerably by then.

Had 18lbs in club tourny out there the other day. That was second place, but doing the same thing won it also with 19+

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 60s starting tomorrow through Sunday. I'm going over there saturday and the high is 69 with sunny to partly cloudy skies. Would you change anything hog or fish it the way you mentioned?

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
With these cold nights I would still work the outside of the grass! I cant imagine the water temp being warmed up enough that they have moved up but I have seen stranger things happen! Yamamoto double tail jig,bomber fat free shad,bomber deep lil N, Shad Rap:cool: and a rattle trap is always productive too and 1 thing to remember if you aint occasionally bringing in some grass you aint getting close enough to the grass!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts