Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would be the best place to put a trot line in the lake this time of year? Should I aim for the deeper holes, stumpy flats, along the bank, across a submerged creek bed? I figure I'll catch some wherever I put my lines, but I wanna make the best of my time and minnows :biggrin:

Also, can anyone tell me how difficult it is to take a boat up Palarm Creek from the lake? I wanna put a line out in the creek, but I'll be camping at Dix Creek. I don't mind the travel by boat, as I plan to do some exploring next week (when it isn't raining too hard). I don't know how early (before dark) I'll get to the lake, so I don't wanna waste time going up that way if I can't make it to the creek.

·
Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013
3,921 Posts
it will be a little bit of a boat ride from dix creek to get up to palarm proper...especially with all the prop busting stumps up through there.

put your trotlines out right there at dix creek...there are lots of creek channels intersecting the flats there so you can hone in on the fish pretty quick.

shifty

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Better listen , Conway is no place for long boat runs. Those guys that know the lake can get around OK. If you don't know the trails the stumps can be heck on a boat!:eek: Greens Lake is a good Flathead area. Wes , I would dump the hotdogs and get some good live bait also. We use BIG GREEN SUNFISH here for Flatheads.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, after looking the lake map over I think the creek channels around there will be sufficient. I know the lanes pretty well, and I know right where a couple of stumps are inside the lanes. One still has a chunk of an old prop of mine in it :doh: I'm still looking for the others :thumb:

One of the guys that did some work cutting out stumps inside the lanes goes to my church. He said there are some in lanes 1 and 2 on the north end of the lake you might hit if the water is a little low, but if the boat is planed out you're less likely to hit them.

Fish,
I think Jerry has convinced me that I need to invest in a cast net. I may also build me a minnow trap. I'll be fishing for bream as much as I can find the time to, so hopefully I'll have plenty of small ones for bait, but I usually put my lines out first and fish 'til it gets dark. After I fish a little bit I'll have some live bait to put on. You won't hear me complain about the hot dogs though - I haven't caught any monsters on them, but I've caught a lot of decent fish!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.