Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if some folks might want to get together sometime and trade tips for training and train together. I think it will benefit the Dogs and it will be good to put some names with some faces. Anywhere in Central AR would be great.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know a place where we could do it. I was thinking a small lake or something like that. It definitely has to have water. Maybe we could do some burgers or something to eat like that. I kind of figured there would be more response to this. We can try to find a central location due to the "screw you oil companies" gas prices.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I have trained many Labs and the best info I can give you is live with the dog as much as possible, do not rush him, do not force train him, and do not send to a trainer if you want your lab to be yours.........:up::up:

Labs if they like you will do anything you want they LOVE TO PLEASE......my wife was gripping about mine now because he would sit and watch us eat some times (not Beg). So I worked with him for 10 min. 2 days now when we sit he lays down and puts his head on my foot until we are finished.........:clap::clap:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What area are you thinking about? I'm in Sheridan and I would't mind if i had to a little driving. I might know of another guy who would be interested.Just let me know.
The more the merrier (spelling?) I live in Benton so if you know of somewhere in the middle that would be nice or somewhere closer to Sheridan. My ride gets good mileage. And besides its only money I make it so I can spend on stuff I enjoy. When the wife isn't looking.:biggrin::whistle:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have trained many Labs and the best info I can give you is live with the dog as much as possible, do not rush him, do not force train him, and do not send to a trainer if you want your lab to be yours.........:up::up:

Labs if they like you will do anything you want they LOVE TO PLEASE......my wife was gripping about mine now because he would sit and watch us eat some times (not Beg). So I worked with him for 10 min. 2 days now when we sit he lays down and puts his head on my foot until we are finished.........:clap::clap:
I made that very mistake in the beginning by sending her to be trained. Learned my lesson in about 3 weeks figured out I wanted that dog back and found out that the trainer could barely get her to come out of her kennel. Now at just over a year old she is doing 50 yard doubles, short blinds, and I can handle her at short distances. I take absolutely no credit for this except spending time with her and feeding her. Tried force fetch didn't have to do it. I enjoy spending time with her almost as much my wife:hide: Now if it would just cool down to where its easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.