Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Thought I had better get one before the Obaminator took over and outlawed it all. I went ahead and got 2 though I will prolly only build 1. I'll set the other to the side since the future of these are kinda up in the air.....may be able to make a little cash on the spare if they are banned.

It'll be a while before I get it finished(shootable anyways, never finished)-gotta get funds built up.

This is why I posted the reloading thread several days ago:biggrin:

Oh, this is gonna hurt my bank account and my girlfriend's feelings.

"Sorry honey, we can't go to Chili's for a while, McDonald's is gonna have to do til I can buy a new upper for my EBR.":biggrin:

And on a side not, me and her went into a local gunshop the other day and they had several EBR's on the wall and I told her that was the kind of gun I was going to build- Her exact words were "Those look scarey." I knew I definately had to get one after that:clap:

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Her exact words were "Those look scarey."

No offense to you, but this kind of uneducated response from the sheeple is the exact reason that these firearms will be banned in the not so distant future. Nobody looks at a car and says "That looks scary", even though they kill more people in the US than guns. Sorry to hijack your thread, but this reaction saddens me....

On a happier note, have fun building your EBR's! Just so you know, it's called BRD (black rifle disease)!

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Yup, it's all downhill from here! :biggrin:

The lower is the tricky part, you can mail-order everything else if you need to or want to. Also, start budgeting for lotsa magazines, those could get scarce if certain "legislations" are renewed. Don't forget the ammo! Well, I suppose a LPK, stock, and upper might come first....

Makes me proud to see folks salting away stripped lowers, maybe there's hope for this country yet! :flag::thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
QuarterBore must have been typing the same time I was, and he's got a major point.

What kept me from buying an EBR in the 90's was some Jerk (Mr. Jerk?) in the white house passed a ban on "Evil looking" gun features, like pistol grips (very dangerous) flash hiders, colapsible stocks (now those really do kill people) and hi capacity magazines (If I don't kill 'em with the first 10, I'm just gonna pick up another loaded weapon!).

If, and I pray it don't happen, but if Obama gets in, this could happen again, and they've learned to leave the sundown clause off their legislation. Could be really bad for the home team!

It would appear that the statistics that clearly show the last "assault weapon ban" was a waste of time doesn't matter. Common sense clearly doesn't matter. If it looks evil, they wanna ban it. So bretheren, stock up today whilst ye still can! Zane's off to a fine start.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No offense to you, but this kind of uneducated response from the sheeple is the exact reason that these firearms will be banned in the not so distant future. Nobody looks at a car and says "That looks scary", even though they kill more people in the US than guns. Sorry to hijack your thread, but this reaction saddens me....

On a happier note, have fun building your EBR's! Just so you know, it's called BRD (black rifle disease)!

I see where you are coming from, but don't read so much in to what she said. She has been around guns all her life and loves to go deer hunting with me, it is just different looking to what she is used to. It ain't your average looking Browining or Ruger bolt action. I mean, we call them Evil Black Rifles on here (affectionately) and you got to admit, they look pretty sick!

The gun shop I bought these from can't keep them in stock. They told me people are buying up to 4 at a time. I made the comment that people must be stocking up and she started laughing and said you are exactly right.

On another note, I was at the Scatter Creek range (AGFC rannge) the other with a buddy and some of his friends I had never met. It was last Friday when the presidential debate was on. I said (JOKINGLY) I had better get home so I could watch Obama. Nobody said anything for a few seconds, almost like they were biting their tongues(the people I hadn't met) until I said I was kidding. I think they wanted to try target practice at me when I said it:fit:

That day is what convinced me I needed (wanted) an EBR. My buddy has 2, a Colt .223 with a silencer (freaking awesome) and a DPMS .308. After shooting the Colt, I decided I had to have one. If you have never shot an EBR, then don't do it unless you are willing to buy one:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Hey zane, you may want to pick up a copy of Brownell's new AR-15 catalog... I just got mine this week and it is chock full of parts and goodies!!!

Brownell's is not always the cheapest, but their service is top notch and the shipping options, even on small parts is about as good as you can find. I like MidwayUSA too, I know a lot of the guys here use them a lot. For me I can't get AR parts and accessories at a better price than I can at Brownell's......

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you pick them up locally?? I might just want a DPMS lower.

Welcome to the dark side.

Mr. C

I got it at Trent's. He is having a hard time keeping them by the sounds of it. He has DPMS lower kits for $59 and Midway has them on sale right now for 47 I believe. Might be a few bucks cheaper than Trent with shipping factored in. I can't wait to get one put together.

Snyd
I have their catalog and am trying to get some money saved up to start ordering:clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.