Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot a doe late yesterday evening and didn't find her till late. Thanks to help from a friend got her gutted and packed with ice. Thought I'd make a quick trip this morning just to waste time for the packing house to open. Well I'll be danged if I didn't end up shooting another doe. Now I'll be the first to admit I hate hunting with a cross bow but with a crushed wrist don't have much of a choice this year. It was just a couple does but it was kinda cool to me cause now I have killed deer with a compound a recurve and a crossbow.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I know how ya feel on the crossbow, but gotta do what ya gotta do. I have a borrowed one for the year since someone decided they needed my compound more than me. Shot a doe yesterday morning and just felt wrong, but I sure won't pass up time in the woods because of it.

·
Registered
25,343 Posts
I know how ya feel on the crossbow, but gotta do what ya gotta do. I have a borrowed one for the year since someone decided they needed my compound more than me. Shot a doe yesterday morning and just felt wrong, but I sure won't pass up time in the woods because of it.
No shame in killing one with a cross bow. I have a broken collar bone and would love to be able to hold one up so I could shoot.

·
Premium Member
29,753 Posts
I used to have the same thought about them - but you know what, lots of folks use a rifle - and I see a crossbow more of a challenge than a rifle. Anytime in the woods is good.:up:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I definitely agree that any way to legally be hunting is worth doing what it takes. I just feel more confident in myself with a compound. Haven't hunted with the recurve in a few years but I had quite a bit of confidence with it when I was using it. I mean I'm only 19 so I guess I feel like I should be capable of carrying a compound but as stated above that's nkt an option this year haha. Not gonna pass up a chance to hunt and feel the freezer though.

·
Registered
Bow
8,154 Posts
Congratulations! No shame in a legally taken kill. Trust me, if I became unable to draw my bow, I would grab a crossbow in a New York minute!!! At least you are/I would be hunting! :up:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Congrats on both does. I used to hate crossbows, until I permanently injured my right eye and no longer can see the pins clearly enough on my compound to make an ethical shot. Every deer is a trophy, regardless of the meat God used to legally take it.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
We picked up my dads new crossbow today and I kinda wanna use it now to kill one with a xbow myself.

That's what I did, helped him pick one out and went half on it so my son can use it in a few years and took it to the blind one night and stuck a doe. I was impressed. It's a bad mammajamma

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.