Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a few stands today. First stand was around noon. I was trying to call a cat but this dude came instead. I went ahead and put a bullet in his chest. He didnt like it none.

Stand 2. It was around 1:00. Again I was trying to call a cat. I was playing some nutty nuthatch. This coyote responded immediately. This is the first coyote Ive ever called in on a bird sound.

Stand 3 was dry.

Stand 4. I picked up another 800 acres today. This would be my last stand of the day and I was sure there would be a dominant pair on this place. I played nothing but coyote vocals. I started off with some coyote pair, then I threw in a dash of growling coyotes. I finished up with some pup distress. This proved to be more than they could stand. The male took the first bullet with the female getting the second shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
16,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks alphamax. T that is a big mature male. I use a FoxPro CS-24 but a Spitfire would work just fine. Cabela's should carry them.

·
Registered
16,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My congrats. :up: I've some 220 Swift loaded up with Barnes Varmint Grenades that I've been meaning to try out on one...ever tried any of them BT?
Ive seen them but never tried them. They are bad to the bone on smaller stuff. Prolly work fine on coyotes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts