Kent fast steel vs Remington sportsman

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Badbassn, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Badbassn

Badbassn Premium Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Win

Which would you prefer?

2. jas870

jas870 Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

3. Badbassn

Well just counted the shot and the Kent has 30 pellets more but is 100fps slower. The Remington also has about 20 plastic disks in it.

4. Kent.....had a case of 3.5" sportsmanship and my gun would break the brass while ejecting the shells and hang every third shell or so. I have hunted kent for 5 years with 0 misfires or hang ups.

5. quax

quax Well-Known Member

Kent 3" 3s...1.25oz

6. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

I prefer kent cause I had some in 3 in # 3 shot. I like #4 & #2 but the #3 is the best of both worlds. With that being said I have 3 cases of remington nitro steel that I won so that's what I am shooting.

7. Maddox

Maddox Well-Known Member

Kent without a doubt!

8. Hambone

Hambone Well-Known Member

I love stuff like this........comparing apples to oranges.

The reason the Kent has more pellets is because you are comparing a 1 3/4 oz. load to a 1 1/4 oz. load or something of the sort. Obviously the more shot the slower it will travel. OR you are comparing #4 to BB's

Kent Fast Steel is Kents good round. Remington Sportsman is their cheap stuff......again comparing apples to oranges. Heck the cost of 25 rounds is not even the same!! Compare Kent Fast Steel to Remington Nitro Steel OR Winchester Expert to Remington Sportsman. Then you will be comparing evenly.......and compare a 1 1/4 oz. load to a 1 1/4 oz. load and make sure the shot sizes are the same then you won't be 30 pellets off.

I love Kent Fast Steel, but I also shoot Remiington Nitro Steel with no problem.

9. Badbassn

well heck I don't know that's y I asked. I just wanted to know what y'all preferred. I have shot the sportsman with no problem but ft Thompson ran out so I bought the Kent.

10. quackmaster

quackmaster Well-Known Member

I strongly suggest Remington.
    There is a toxic coating on the outside of Kent shells that can cause severe skin irritation or warts. Besides they are components made by the French.
    Remington is made here in Arkansas of course.
    No bias on my part.

11. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway

Anything but Rem sportsman. They work best for throwing at birds the dog has lost a line on and needs a visual splash to get back online, rocks work the same too... That being said, I like Rem Nitro Steel, I have seen and had pretty bad luck out of the sportsman.

12. bloody acorns

bloody acorns Well-Known Member

Bought a case of sportsman the other day and they wouldnt not even push my sure cycle far enough back to eject shot - between me and my son they didnt last long - got kent and havent shot a 1/3 as many shells - They are cheap for a reason

13. waterfowler15

waterfowler15 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with the Remington sportsmans, Monday morning I blew a ducks head off and blew both breast out of another. I shoot an 870 or a browning silver, and they cycle through both just fine. I also really like kent couldn't say a bad thing about them, but for the money I'll buy the Remington's from fort Thompson every year until they run out of them.

14. duck

duck Well-Known Member

I used to shoot win dry locks. I started using Kents for the last 4 years and will never buy any other shell. I use the kent 3 inch 1 3/8 shot. LOVE THEM and there less then the other brands. You will see more and more of these shells.

15. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

I hate all Remington ammunition. They seem to always shoot so dirty and trash flies everywhere and into my eyes. I like their guns though.

16. Badbassn

Thanks, just Wanted to compare the cheaper shells. I know the rem will put a beavers lights out in a hurry. Got a pretty sweet mount coming my way. The beaver is standing up flipping you off with one hand and holding a beer in the other.

17. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Heavy Metal the best of all.

18. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    Kent every day of the week. Love them.

19. marshmallow

marshmallow Well-Known Member

Crossett
    Same here.

20. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Cabot
    Sons and I started season off with Kent's. have been shooting them for years with no problem. $130 case at Mack's. saw the Remington's at Ft thompsons. Picked up 2 cases. I was skeptical at 1st but had no problems with the Remington's. purchased another 3 cases of 3 before thay ran out. $80.00 a cases sure is easier to swallow. I will shoot them as long as they are cheaper than the Kent's.