Arkansas Hunting banner

Kel-tec black rifles

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr. Chitlin 
I have read pretty good reports on them. There are several versions, including a California legal version.

I own a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 rifle and it is fun to shoot. I have never seen or shot one of the SU16 rifles.

I went to a pawn shop this week here in Pine Bluff and they had AK-47's with folding stocks for $495.00. They also had new Smith & Wesson AR-15's for $999.00 minus $100.00 dealer discount before 4/30.

The S&W looked just like my Bushmaster except this particular one had a flat top with iron sights on the rail instead of a carrying handle. Mr. C, do you know anything about the S&W version of the AR-15?

.270Win
All of the AR's are just about going to look like all of the other AR's. The S&W has garnered a pretty good reputation in the AR market. This month's SWAT mag had an article where 3 of them were run for ~50K rounds total with almost no problems. With a good AR, keep it lubed and it will keep on truckin'. It basically comes down to what features and what price as long as you stay with a reputable brand.

I don't know exactly how the software works, but it will stay like that for a while. What I do every time I exit the board is to go to "Quick Links" at the top, drop the box down and click on "Mark Forums Read". Then when you come back on, you can click on the "New Posts" link and it only shows the new posts.

Clear as mud?? :biggrin:

All of the AR's are just about going to look like all of the other AR's. The S&W has garnered a pretty good reputation in the AR market. This month's SWAT mag had an article where 3 of them were run for ~50K rounds total with almost no problems. With a good AR, keep it lubed and it will keep on truckin'. It basically comes down to what features and what price as long as you stay with a reputable brand.
I'm going to correct myself. I went back and looked at the article. The 3 S&W AR's had a total of almost 24K rounds of 5.56x45mm put through them. 1 had over 10K, 1 over 7K and 1 over 6K. The oldest one (with the highest round count) had some problems at first, but they were minor and got worked out. The newest one with ~6K on it has been trouble free. It was lubed when new and at 3300 rounds, and hasn't been cleaned yet. They stress that a dirty, wet AR will run longer than a clean and dry one. Keep the bolt and carrier lubed and it will keep on trucking.

May 2008 SWAT Mag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.