Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was unsuccessful in Arkansas this spring although I got on birds almost every day. Finally got out of school, so my dad and I decided to take a trip up to Kansas this morning and it payed off. Killed my biggest bird to date this morning around 9 am! Had him and a jake gobbling hard on the roost and then around 8 managed to call them in. Didn't have a good shot and he moved off but I was able to slip up to the edge of a corn field he was strutting in and call him to 30 yards before shooting him through a softball sized opening that I had through the brush. I've had some amazing hunts in the past and this one was no exception. We've got a couple more days up here so maybe we can get after a few more!
Terrestrial animal Tortoise Grass Plant Soil

Military camouflage Tree Soldier Plant Adaptation

Wild turkey Turkey Galliformes Phasianidae Bird

Had about an 11 inch beard and some hooks that I'd guess to be over an inch long.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hunting Soldier Turkey Military camouflage Grass

Domesticated turkey Wild turkey Turkey Bird Flightless bird

Turkey Bird Terrestrial animal Wild turkey Tree

Well I'm tagged out in Kansas! This bird came in with another tom and 3 jakes around 2:45 this afternoon! 11 inch beard and just over inch long Spurs. Heck of a couple days up here, hopefully dad can get him one in the morning before heading back to Arkansas.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.