Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Tyson Hallam and i caught an 11.12.8 pound largemouth bass in kansas about 24 days ago. It's the state record but i have to wait 30 days before it's in the books because they have to change it all. I am 14 years old haha thats the hard thing to believe. I caught it in Cherokee County. It's funny how adults and so called "Master Anglers" fish all their life to try for a big bass. I fish a lot but i guess i just hit the right spot. The coolest thing about all of this is the man who owned the former state record called me and talked to me. Also Wayne Simien sent me a letter and some signed basketball cards.

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
cool!! thats an awesome catch right there! congrats. you gonna make any money off of it? if you do, scrap that Jayhawk shirt, and get you some Arkansas Razorback gear!!!! WOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOIE!!!!

J/K Tyson, congrats again, BG12:thumb:

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
how bout the story on this hoss? what did ya catch it on? pig and jig is my go to bait for big fish........:cool::razz: wasnt in some kids fishing derby or something was it??:fit:

i am just ribbing ya buddy, i read about ya on a KS news site:thumb: you are a superstar!!!:up: BG12

·
Registered
298 Posts
No one who fishes and hunts can resist a good fish story. Even a guy who writes fish and game stories likes to listen to the storyteller. So, set the scene for us young man. Tell us what you felt that day. Congrats on the fish. Just remember 10 years down the road what you've done. By then, I believe you will have a somewhat different perspective on the significance of this catch.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
SHOOOOOOOOOT! That's a monster....are you gonna have it mounted? Way to go, what did ya catch it on[gear]I bet it was a Shimano:razz: how long did that hawg fight ya? You'll probly be the next generation "Bill Dance":fit::up:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Great catch!:clap: I guess you'll have it mounted. Was it caught in public waters or private?
I caught one here about 25 years ago over 11 , but it was'nt a record .:biggrin: I have'nt caught one even close since.:frown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.