Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to apply for a Kansas bowtag this year????I will have 2 pts but am thinking of bowhunting nebraska an extra week since the gun season opens later and just sending in for a point in Kansas and waiting till 09 for Kansas..Decisions......decisions........:head:

·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bowhuntr.The first year I drew in Kansas I had 3 point.But I also know guys that drew a tag the first year they applied.I heard that Kansas is going to issue more nonresident tags this year.Also they have done away with the transferable landowner tags.So ya may just get lucky.As far as your odds they dont have a scale for that..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kansas Tags

Hey guys my name is Brandon Wilmoth from Kansas Racks & Quacks if you are thinking of hunting Kansas this is the year to put in. The state has double almost tripled the tags and has told me that you have a 99% chance of getting a tag for the 2008 season if you apply. If you have any questions you may send me an e-mail or call me and I will answer any other questions you have. If you go to our website which the link is above in .270Win post and click on the deer hunting link you will find a place to click for the Kansas Application. The deadline is the May 31st so make sure you get them in and good luck.

Thanks .270Win the website is looking great and we have nothing but good comments about it.

Brandon Wilmoth
Kansas Racks & Quacks Manager
[email protected]
620-230-0929

·
Registered
22,791 Posts
you have a 99% chance of getting a tag for the 2008 season if you apply.
are you kidding ?

I love my KS hunts, and applied really just to get a PP ( I have none right now) for unit 1 and also ponied up the $$ for the optional mulie tag.

that would be fricking GREAT if I draw !

·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well me and my buddy talked and decided that we are going to send in for a p.point only this year in Kansas cause the gun season in nebraska dont open this year till the 15 of nov.And we are going to go there and stay 2 weeks.You can buy 2 buck tags in neb.cheaper than 1 in Kansas.And getting to hunt till the 15 in Neb. should be awesome......Cant wait....:clap:

·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bhays.We hunt both public and private.The only thing bad last year was on the public land there was someone hunting in every tree.The locals say its never been like that before.Also we spent some time up there this spring and got access to some private land......

·
Registered
63 Posts
$322.50 for non resident in Kansas. I think I will be looking elsewhere!

"NONRESIDENTS

Permits available through draw (application deadline June 2)

Nonresident White-tailed Deer Permit (white-tailed deer buck, doe or fawn) – $322.50
Hunter applies in one deer management unit and selects one adjacent unit in which to also hunt, as well as the season choice (archery, muzzleloader, or firearms) at the time of application. Muzzleloader permit holders may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearms season using muzzleloader equipment only. If unsuccessful in the draw, hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for next year’s draw. A nonresident who successfully draws an archery or muzzleloader White-tailed Deer Permit in Unit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17, or 18 may also apply for one of a limited number of Mule Deer Stamps for an additional fee of $102.50 submitted at time of application; if drawn, the applicant’s archery or muzzleloader whitetail permit converts to an either-species/either-sex archery or muzzleloader permit. Preference points do not count toward this stamp. If unsuccessful in the Mule Deer Stamp draw, hunter will receive a $101 refund and be issued the whitetail permit."

·
Registered
22,791 Posts
$ 423 is what I sent in and didn't expect to draw with no PP

What I'm reading is I might very well draw ( unit 1 ) and its got some muleys and I'm hoping to draw both and fosuc on big mule deer

Gads at this point, I hope to NOT draw my Colorado elk muzz tag ( 2 PP ) and draw KS instead.

If I draw both my wife is NOT going to be happy

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,957 Posts
$322.50 for non resident in Kansas. I think I will be looking elsewhere!

"NONRESIDENTS

Permits available through draw (application deadline June 2)

Nonresident White-tailed Deer Permit (white-tailed deer buck, doe or fawn) – $322.50
Hunter applies in one deer management unit and selects one adjacent unit in which to also hunt, as well as the season choice (archery, muzzleloader, or firearms) at the time of application. Muzzleloader permit holders may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearms season using muzzleloader equipment only. If unsuccessful in the draw, hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for next year’s draw. A nonresident who successfully draws an archery or muzzleloader White-tailed Deer Permit in Unit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17, or 18 may also apply for one of a limited number of Mule Deer Stamps for an additional fee of $102.50 submitted at time of application; if drawn, the applicant’s archery or muzzleloader whitetail permit converts to an either-species/either-sex archery or muzzleloader permit. Preference points do not count toward this stamp. If unsuccessful in the Mule Deer Stamp draw, hunter will receive a $101 refund and be issued the whitetail permit."

I'm from KS and I think that is way too high too. You didn't add the 70 some dollars for the non-resident hunting license. :down:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.