Just like momma used to make

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by johnf, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Uh, well, she still does, but I don't get it very often.

All this nasty weather gave me a hankerin' for some of my mom's cokkin. She's up in Carroll county in the snow, so I had to do it myself.

So what's for dinner? Pinto bean, fried potatoes and sweet cornbread.:twothumbs

2. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

It dont get much better than that.

3. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

I think some good homemade veggie soup for tongiht sounds good. With lots of okra in it.

4. I ate pinto beans as a baby and they are nectar to me! My mama used to cut the end off of my baby bottle so that I could suck pinto beans from it! :thumb: I am a pinto bean junkie!

We recently had pinto beans, mashed potatoes, meatloaf with lots of bell pepper and black skillet cornbread, asparagus, plenty of sweet onion on the side.

Dessert? Miss Martha's banana pudding. (Somebody call 911 to help me to the couch!) :thumb:

5. elwaller

elwaller Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015

My wife just got thru making a big pot of gumbo. Talkin about good. I hurt myself everytime.

6. ECHIV

ECHIV Guest

Will Rogers once wrote a column about Navy Beans, Sliced Onion and Cornbread. He asked what was for desert and wrote his own reply. . . "There isn't any room for desert, but if there was, I'd have MORE BEANS."

7. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

I just got back to mammas and had homemade Lasagne for lunch :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

po boy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.