Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting here at my desk with the windows open,Real quiet outside.Just heard a deer blowing not too far away.I love living in the woods.Thats what we call it when deer expell air out their nose ,I guess as a warning to other deer.I don;t know but they do it when they see or smell me.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The deer around the house don't blow much...........if I spoke them I hear them running off. They don't run far and stop and look at me. I sometimes take my streamlight and shine them.

Tonight I was outside packing the bearings on my big trailer and the coyotes were ripping it up. Every dog in the country was at it for back up.:biggrin:

Yeah I love living in the country.........I wouldnt last in a neighborhood......some of us outcasts just have to live away from the rest!:razz: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.........I wouldnt last in a neighborhood......some of us outcasts just have to live away from the rest!:razz: :thumb:

Yep ,you got that right.I would'nt last a week.

My parents have a live-cam and feed the critters to watch them.I figure thats what spooked the deer.Have you ever seen *****,Fox,and possums eating together?I never thought it would happen.Then the Yotes come and they all leave.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I can walk outside here in just outside of downtown and there are ***** and possums. Im next to Burns Park. More deer in there than the Ouachitas!!

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
The sad thing is........ there is many nice bucks in there! Not a real sad thing bc someday they will open it up to the public and than its ON!!! :cool:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
The deer around here know me as the guy that wastes his corn....and I can pour out a pile, and walk away 100yds and look back to see them starting in on it!:razz: They do however snort and blow, but they aren't doing it as a fear thing, more of a signal....even to me. Drives my wife nuts!:thumb:

·
Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye
17,183 Posts
I live on the edge of forest service land but don't see deer that often. Here in a few months though I will be seeing a bear or two in the yard. (I would rather have deer)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
During the summer the deer will come to my pond at all times of the day. It's one of only about three in the local area.
The deer seem to love the growth below my leach field ( I wonder why??:biggrin: ) and they will lay up in it.
Last summer I was outside building a deer stand and they just laid about 50 yards away and watched as I made all kinds of noise.

The does are safe but there are a few bucks that aren't................I think they know that cause they disappear once the velvet comes off.:smack:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
I live in Naylor, we have 2 city limit signs but they're on the same post. So I know a little about that country living and wouldn't have it any other way. :thumb:

·
Registered
719 Posts
seen eight does and yerlings on my pond levy last night. Yep its great living in the country. Other than when they start eating the garden and the wifes flowers. :mad:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I appreciate living in the country too. Don't know what I would do in town. Be like caging a wild animal. The deer cross our place too. My SIL seen 15 crossing the other evening. We see them around the pond alot too. During the breeding season we'll often times see a few turkey running through. Have seen the coyotes a time or two. We listen to them alot all around us. Ahhh...and the owls calling back and forth. We have had a black bear come in pretty close, a couple years back he wreeked havoc at the Tyson Chicken Barns not far from us. I've never seen one in the wild, but hope too, from a safe distance someday. In the last couple weeks I have noticed the sounds of the outdoors have changed dramaticaly. The spring birds are back and the frogs are singing in full force. I hope I never have to give up living out here in amongst all God's beauty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts