Just got new strings and cables put on (sunglasses needed)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Arkapigdiesel, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Arkapigdiesel

Arkapigdiesel Well-Known Member

Fluorescent orange, and neon yellow are the string colors I used. I'll go ahead and answer a question I know I will get......no, the deer won't care since they're color blind.

Kinda on the wild side, I must say....

[​IMG]

2. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

Love the bow, but I would've gone with black/green or black/red string. That would be sick!

3. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Looks like all you need now is a ripcord arrow rest, a new stabilizer, some different sights, a heavier arrow and some rage broadheads and you'll have a decent setup. :hide: j/k Good looking bow. I just wanted to trash other people's rigs. It seems to be the thing to do on here.

4. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

how much do you think they will stretch. Im going to put new strings and cables on after this season but i wont sight it in due to stretching for prob about a month of shooting.

5. Arkapigdiesel

Quality built string's don't stretch. The good ones are prestretched by a string jig put under waaaaay more poundage than will ever be seen by someone drawing a bow.

6. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

well i guess i will shell out the extra cash and get quality built strings. This will be the first strings i have ever had to replace and they probably dont even need it.

7. mathewsman07

mathewsman07 Well-Known Member

8. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Nice bow!! I love those solid black bows. :thumb:

9. lowellarcher

lowellarcher Well-Known Member

Which Elite bow is that and who's strings are those? Nice looking bow.

10. Arkapigdiesel

It's a GTO. Winner's Choice strings. Thanks for the compliment. Not sure there's a bow out there (for me) that is as balanced in regards to speed, shootability, smooth draw cycle, firm back wall, and an easy let down as a GTO.

11. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

I bet a turkey sould spot that from a long way off. I know we don't have an archery turkey season.

12. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

:censored:

13. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

Just last week put new Bucknasty green & red strings and cable on my Ross Cardiac.I also changed the 29 module to 28.5.Love the colored strings but those are a bit of a strech for me.To each his own,what makes the world go around!Congrats

D

14. Arkapigdiesel

Kinda interesting to hear the comments on here -vs- other forums in regards to bow string color choices. I pretty much was correct in my assumption on the comments I would get here -vs- AT and the Elite Forums on my string color choices :biggrin:

15. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

I like em'! i have Johns custom strings on mine in red, white, and Blue, matching cables and wrist sling. going with neon colors next time!

16. I like 'em too! Just like the ones that come standard on new Pearson's.

[​IMG]

Same bow in different color for 3D.

[​IMG]

17. Dixie_Rebel_Z71

Dixie_Rebel_Z71 Well-Known Member

Nice setup. How exactly does the drop away work attached to the limb?

18. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

They look good! I like those bright colors!

19. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I am loving those bright colors:clap:

20. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

The rest is called a limbdriver a very popular rest. when the line taunt the rest lays flat when at draw the line is relaxed allowing the rest to come up and when shot its falls away as the limbs go back and the line is taunt again.