jump shootin ducks

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Arkansas duck hunter, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Arkansas duck hunter

Arkansas duck hunter Member<br>2017 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner

How many of yall like trin to sneak over a pond/creek bank just to kill a few quacks?

2. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

Not sure but isn't that pot shooting I was always told not to get caught doing it.

3. MollyWhop

MollyWhop Well-Known Member

Don't see anything wrong with jump shooting if you have permission to be there and you're legal (steel shot, plug, etc..). :confused:

4. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

One of my favorite techniques!!! :thumb:

5. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member Staff Member

yep i have killed a many of duck doing that espicially on the slow fly mornings. It aint illegal it is just considered unethical by alot of folks, but i kind of like filling my limit in 2 strategicly placed shots:wink:

6. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

I never knew it was legal here I did it a few times as a teenager before I was told not to get caght. Worst part was I never had waders and would have to sit on the bank waiting for the wind to blow them in.

7. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I've Done it before,We call it jumpshooting because you jump up the ducks......and then shoot em out of the air.

Potshooting is shooting them while they are sitting on the water.Neither is illegal.

8. Yellow&RedLab

Yellow&RedLab Well-Known Member

This is a blast. 2 or 3 shots and it's time to break out the fishing pole with a old Lucky 13 and go fishing for your kill

9. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

Here is about 15 minutes worth of Jumpshootin!!!

[​IMG]

10. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Now that I'm done deer hunting, I'm ready to put my jump shootin' clothes on....:thumb:

11. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

15 minutes?! I thought you said you had to work for them!:fit:

12. Whiskey River

Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

I love jump shooting, and am pretty good at it. As soon as they take off and get about 15-20ft above the water...BOOM. Have killed many ducks this way. I even killed my only banded greenhead this way, several years back. Screwed up my knee yesterday doing it though.Walking up a steep creek bank and it gave out on me. :frown: Gonna be on the sideline on crutches for the next week. :smack:

13. Smack

Smack Well-Known Member

Dude I hate that for you. Get better bro

14. duckman5

duckman5 Member

That is alot of fun. We do it alot down here. Course we only have wood ducks so doesn't last very long if you are successful.