Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I have been catching some really nice cats on Greers. We are catching 10-15 everynight on jugs. The only thing we can catch them on is Magic bait chicken blood. I tried GULP catfish chunks and non of it was touched. Bill Dance and some other chunk bait wasn't touched either.

So what prepared bait do you guys use? The magic bait will not stay on the hooks very well but the fish love it. I am looking for something as effecive but sturdier. We haven't used sunfish like we normally do bc we haven't had time to catch them. So i am looking for a good store bought prepared bait.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
What kind of hooks are you using? I picked up some trebles that have like fat ballpoint springs on them. They will hold the magic bait on for a good hour in river current. I have been using tubs of Charlies Catfish Blood, its like dough bait but in a little tub.

Where are you fishing for cats at? We fished a couple weeks ago around Piney Point and did fairly well. What is the water temp of the lake now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.