Jonesboro Gun Buyback

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by CamoNinja, Sep 2, 2017.

1. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

True, $50 today isn't even a drop in the bucket, an ounce of pot is gonna be $200 or more depending on quality! Rofl!

2. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    I bet there were a lot more that were going to do it than you think.

3. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

??? Don't believe so. Most of the criminals I was talking about (drug dealers/gang members) , are going to be convicted felons. Don't think they're going to disarm themselves, & then continue with their criminal life. That would be suicide for some of them.

Kodiac likes this.
  4. bslayer

bslayer Well-Known Member

nea
    I think it was a $50 store gift card, not cash. Could be wrong though.

5. orangefeetdown

NEA
    Sorry, forgot who I was talking to for a minute

N8HARNER likes this.
  6. Kodiac

Kodiac Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack...

I'll bid $75.00.

Details on the sale to follow.

orangefeetdown likes this.
  7. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    But it's an easy way to dispose of a gun used in a crime. No questions asked, just turn it in. Once you hand it over you are in the clear.

8. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

Yes, agree. But I was talking specifically about drug dealers & gang members, the ones committing most of the crimes. Any gun they're likely to have, has already been used in a crime....or will within a week or two.

John Stiles likes this.
  9. orangefeetdown

NEA
    Wouldn't they also be the most likely to be in possession of a gun they used in the commission of a crime?

10. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

Of course....but they would eventually need to turn in every gun they came into possession of. They got them to commit crimes with. Does anybody really believe that those guys are the ones that's gonna turn in their guns in these buybacks? Look at Chicago? Do you think buybacks would work with those gangs? I thought the naïve thinking for the buybacks, was to slow down gun violence? Thugs are gonna keep their guns, sell them for way more than $50, or throw them in a deep lake or river. Mostly law abiders are the ones that's gonna go for the buybacks.

11. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    John I do wonder if that puppy you are talking about came out of the one you got from me about 8 or 9 years ago. If like too see a picture.

12. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

9 mo.s old!
    [​IMG]

13. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Well-Known Member

NE ark
    Said on news they got 4 guns today.

14. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

15. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    No. I thought it was cancelled.

16. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member

Wish I'd been there with cash. Probably could have picked up something for a good price.

17. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

Yes, 4 guns brought in today. Nothing rare, highly valued per one of the officers running it. They did have a gentleman call and ask if he could bring more than one in. He said he had "several" guns that had been handed down to him over many years from family. He said he doesn't want them in the house anymore.

18. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

The serial numbers on all guns brought in will be ran to see if they are stolen. If so, the guns will be returned to the owners, otherwise they will be destroyed. Jonesboro PD takes them to Nucor to be melted down.

19. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Hmmm... I have 4 or 5 old junkers that aren't probably worth $25 total. I may just see if I can get some gun and ammo money if they are Wal Mart cards. :D

JB Weld likes this.
  20. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

I am not supportive of a gun by back in any form, but when they were first started it was not with the intention of existing criminals turning in their guns - more to get guns out of the house where they could be stolen by or sold to criminals, used in family disturbances, accidental shootings, that kind of thing. The libs are so irrational, they cant see the forest for the trees. Heroin, cocaine, meth, etc are all illegal to possess, yet they are available in epidemic proportions. Drug laws have done nothing to stem the flow - yet the libs think gun laws will some how stop the flow of guns. They should work more on drug control, because illegal gun use is closely related to illegal drug use. The libs also dont get that the free and open borders they cry for supports a free and open drug trade which supports more illegal gun use.

R6mm, whetstone and orangefeetdown like this.