Join the NRA

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by backstraps, Dec 24, 2012.

1. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

http://joinnra.org/

Here is the link. I know many are members but many aren't or have let their membership expire. I recommend getting the American Hunter magazine instead of American Rifleman.

2. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I'm a member, but I cant say I'm a real big fan.
    Just watch those shady :censored:'s. I've never been a member of an organization that will try to con you out of money like the NRA. If you sign up today, tomorrow they'll be sending you a notice to re-up your membership before it expires. Guess what, if you renewed that one, they'll send you another next week. I finally got to paying attention and realized I had about 5 years of membership paid up.

3. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
  4. x2

5. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

Yup, but it is essential to join.

6. I've been a NRA life member for 30 years, but I joined GOA yesterday. We need to present a united front to the idiot-in-chief and his sheeple.

7. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Here's something to think about: As for salaries, fifty-six people in the organization earned more than $100,000 in 2010—and 10 made more than $250,000. Lapierre does not top the list. Kayne B. Robinson, the executive director of general operations does. He was paid just over $1 million. Lapierre was second, pulling in $970,000 in reportable and estimated comp.

Chris W. Cox, the executive director of the group’s lobbying efforts, was third. He earned just over $666,000.

This is from Forbes mag. just thought it was an interesting read.

8. sam

sam Grand Member

In an organization as large and that handles as much money as the NRA does, it surprises me that only 56 people make over $100,000. I would have figured more. I'm not for throwing money away, but you've got to pay for quality people, they aren't going to take a pay cut just to work for the NRA.

My Dad had quite a few people working for him most of his life. When I was just a kid in his feedmill he was telling me about hiring and keeping good workers, the first thing he told me was, "If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys."

9. QuarterBore

QuarterBore Well-Known Member

Lifetime member here. Whether you like them or not, the battle for our second amendment rights will be won or lost on their backs.

10. nontypical

nontypical Well-Known Member

This :up:

11. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
  12. lc071

lc071 Well-Known Member

NEA
    As much as I believe in, and think we need the NRA, I won't be a member. I'd been a member ever since I had lived on my own, about 1988 I paid my annual membership dues, the check got cashed, but didn't get credited for my payment. I probably made 20 phone calls trying to get it straightened out. I was promised it would be made good, but it never happened. For years after that, every time I got offers in the mail I'd give them a call. My standing offer was, if they would give me the year owed me that I would re-join. This offer has fallen on deaf ears for over 20 years. I'm done with them.