Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever heard of her. She is the 5 time world champion archery shooter. Th first woman to ever arrow a cape buffalo , pulling 85#. I just had to let ya'll know she and her husband of a year David Presson ( hunting filmer and hunting magazine author) Was camping on the Buffalo River last weekend for a turkey hunt. My best friend and her husband went camping with them. I couldn't believe that she didn't call me, I would have loved to have spent some time with them. I will possibly get to meet them this fall ! I would have never dreamed I might get a chance such as this. I think it would be so interesting to talk with her about bow hunting. :up:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that would be very good advice ! Yes-ma'm and no-ma'm. She shoots life savers for practice and if don't hit the center, considers it a bad shot ! From what I read about her on the net she is an awesome gal ! I am trying to get some pictures, oh a member of ours here on the forums had lunch with them last weekend and has some pictures of the hunt :thumb:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JOELLA BATES, full time hunting professional and five-time world archery champion with a Masters Degree in Wildlife Biology, has conducted seminars before millions of people all over the United States, where she shares her shooting and hunting secrets. Joella has earned the respect of the hunting industry for her dedication, experience, tenacity, professionalism and infectious positive attitude. The first woman ever to arrow an African cape buffalo (pulling 85 pounds), Joella does workshops, hunting clinics, schools, video and seminars on both large and small scale.
For booking information, contact WildTech Corporation at www.firetacks.com.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I wish you could have. They went from Rush down Clabber Creek shoals and onto Big Creek to camp. They had a time. There were two flat bottoms and one turned over with all the food in it. It took the better part of the day to get there and get camp set. I think she said there were 7 or 8 of them went. Joella didn't get a turkey and her and a friend of mine came back early so she could finish and article she needed to get done but the guys stayed another day and her fiancee got one.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Anybody ever heard of her. She is the 5 time world champion archery shooter. Th first woman to ever arrow a cape buffalo , pulling 85#. I just had to let ya'll know she and her husband of a year David Presson ( hunting filmer and hunting magazine author) Was camping on the Buffalo River last weekend for a turkey hunt. My best friend and her husband went camping with them. I couldn't believe that she didn't call me, I would have loved to have spent some time with them. I will possibly get to meet them this fall ! I would have never dreamed I might get a chance such as this. I think it would be so interesting to talk with her about bow hunting. :up:
hi tammy wish i had known you wanted to meet her. i was supposed to go on the trip but had friends in from illinois turkey hunting & didnt get to go but i did get to eat dinner with the group the night before they went to the river & the night after they got back. but the best was when she came in from river early she came to our house for dinner with me & my wife . we got to talk for several hours , she went pro on the 3ds back when we owned our pro shop & was shooting alot of 3ds back then. she has done alot from being a small town farm girl. she is writing 2 books one on growing up as daddys boy & one on here adventures.
she has killed 53 different species with here bow.
she is planning a hunt for 2009 or 2010 for elephant she hopes to be pulling a 100# bow

info i learned
she has been divorced from david presson several years. she just got engaged [2 weeks ago] to dan dewitt a cameraman i got to meet a couple of years ago:thumb:
they came up here from texas where they were hunting & left here going to south carolina to hunt & help teach a long range rifle shooting class for one of her sponosers , she shoots guns good too:smack: she told me when she was in college she went to a turkey shoot with some guy friends & they razed her into shooting & she beat them. the guy running the shoot was the rifle team coach & he tried to get her to try out for the team. she didnt know they even had a school team. well he finally got her to try out & 8 days later she was team caption with a full scholarship . tony

pic on buffalo river

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Yeah meet her at some bow shhots.......She works/shoots for PSE...Said she had to train for awhile so she could pull that poundage......
scott she had a bowtech up here & i ask her about who she was shooting for & she said no one right now she has been doing alot of writing on bow comparisons & thought it was not right to be sponcered by one of them. tony

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Yea I wish you could have. They went from Rush down Clabber Creek shoals and onto Big Creek to camp. They had a time. There were two flat bottoms and one turned over with all the food in it. It took the better part of the day to get there and get camp set. I think she said there were 7 or 8 of them went. Joella didn't get a turkey and her and a friend of mine came back early so she could finish and article she needed to get done but the guys stayed another day and her fiancee got one.
Man I stopped about a mile short of Big Creek at Bear Branch. I could have told them that my dad was raised on a farm at the mouth of Big Creek where they were camped. Both my parents were born and raised on farms on that river back in the twenties and thirties.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah Tony, I been pretty excited about getting to talk with her. I think I may get to meet her sometime this summer, she's coming back up. I visited with Vickie about the trip down the river. Trying to get it set up where I can hunt with her some this fall....talk about exciting ! A very green novice bow hunter like me getting to spend one on one time with somebody as good as her would be a dream come true ! Yes it is amazing how far she's come. Vickie burnt the CD and gave to me of the camp trip. You know she shoots at life savers and if don't break it in four equal parts calls it a missed shot ! That's good right there ! WOW !! 100# that's almost unreal !! That gals gotta be in some kinda shape for that kinda pull !! I can't wait to meet her, yeah Vickie told me about her engagement to Dan. Be kinda cool to hunt with her and have him film it.....Hope to get to visit her and bet I'll learn alot. Vickie said she would help me with my shooting my bow and give me some good pointers !! Lord knows I need all the help i can get. Maybe we can all get up when she comes up and do a little shooting !!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man I stopped about a mile short of Big Creek at Bear Branch. I could have told them that my dad was raised on a farm at the mouth of Big Creek where they were camped. Both my parents were born and raised on farms on that river back in the twenties and thirties.
I got family had farms on that river too !! I bet we know some of the same people !! In fact my step father was raised at Big Creek. Then on up at Buffalo Point right across from the restaraunt now is where My father-in-laws family was raised and farmed. It's all growed up now over there and makes him sick to see it that way.....Lotta good memories growing up around there !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.