Jet Motor

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade' started by jralph, May 21, 2020.

1. jralph

jralph Active Member

WTB jet motor or boat with 40hp or smaller jet motor

2. buck720

buck720 Well-Known Member

If you can’t find one convert a regular boat motor one. It’s pretty simple and inexpensive take the foot off put the jet on raise the motor 4-6 inches and you have one.

JB Weld likes this.

3. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

Check call,Popular Bluff Missouri..
    Capital of Jet motors....Best in the country.

4. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I bought a boat with a Jet Outboard last fall from Current river marine in Doniphan, MO.
    I have been doing business with the owner for 30 + years. He will treat you fairly and has been doing jet pump conversions for 35 years. If you search up his website he has some used small jet OBs for sale. If you buy a pump to convert a motor it will come from Outboard Jets. The cheapest one they show right now is 1900 dollars.

5. buck720

What brand motor do you have and size?

6. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    I’ve driven a trout boat with one of the new Merc 40 hp jets a substantial amount of time over the past couple years and it’s a great motor. Pushes a 20’ fiberglass rig all you’d want and more even in heavy current. Have also spent a lot of time in one with a 30 hp Yamaha jet and it’s a fine rig as well, I’ve driven it quite a bit too and no complaints that come to mind. Both are the newer 4 stroke models. Make your decision based on service. Whatever dealership/mechanic is closest for you to get work done (if needed) is the way I would go IMO. Can’t go wrong with any of the major brands. Current river marine in Doniphan is probably the place to buy one like BR said. That is jet country up there, and there’s no telling how many he’s sold and how many he’s worked on.

Onetrakd, jackie53 and geterdone like this.
  7. jralph

jralph Active Member

1999 Mercury 2 stroke 25hp

8. buck720

I’m sorry I will try and look and see if I can find one available somewhere.

jackie53 likes this.
  9. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I have an Evinrude 105 on a 19 60 Semi-v Al. Bass boat.

10. jakemak24

jakemak24 Well-Known Member

My grandpa has a 25hp nissan jet 2 stroke for sale in paragould

jralph and jackie53 like this.
  11. jackie53

Current River Marine..Thanks.

12. jackie53

Have a 30 hp jet,50 hp mercury on a 1995 Alumcraft 16-48..It will get away from ya if not careful..If something happened to it would replace with another..