Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
N/A
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am looking for a specific issue of the Arkansas Sportsman magazine. It is the 1995-96 issue that features the Big Buck Classic winner Jason Franklin's article and photo of his trophy deer. Jason was my husband and passed away in March of 2016 from Marfan's Syndrome. We had 3 boys who all inherited the same horrible disease. But my husband sold his trophy deer mount to buy Christmas for our boys in 2012 and now that they are older they wish he wouldn't have gotten rid of it. So I would love to find 3 complete copies of the magazine that his article was published in, so I could maybe get them framed or somehow display the article and photo as well as keep it preserved the best way possible. I believe it would be something they would cherish forever. And could each have one for themselves. I've contacted Arkansas game and fish, as well as Big Buck Classic and no luck with either one. BBC has only 1 copy. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
N/A
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't help you with this, but wish you and your family luck.
Thanks for your response. And I'm not really sure how this site works. But if any way possible could you help me share my request? I'd like for as many as possible to see it so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Please and thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,153 Posts
Thanks for your response. And I'm not really sure how this site works. But if any way possible could you help me share my request? I'd like for as many as possible to see it so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Please and thanks.
Rest assured your post has...and will....be seen by all members....

I'm of no help otherwise....I'm guessing you have tried contacting the publishing company.....

·
Registered
N/A
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rest assured your post has...and will....be seen by all members....

I'm of no help otherwise....I'm guessing you have tried contacting the publishing company.....
Yes and no response yet. But keeping my faith they someone will respond.
get that magazine - and if it has the measurements of the antlers, there are taxidermists who do reproductions that would be very close looking to the original - if ya'll wanted that

good luck - you could also contact AG&F magazine, I bet they sell back issues

Arkansas Wildlife Magazine
  • Order by phone: 1-800-283-2664
Yes the article has the score card and
get that magazine - and if it has the measurements of the antlers, there are taxidermists who do reproductions that would be very close looking to the original - if ya'll wanted that

Yes the article has the score card with all the numbers. But the reason I was

Yes the magazine has the score card with all the numbers. But the reason I was leaning towards trying to get 3 of the magazines is because

@DufferDan May be able to help. He is extremely knowledgeable about big deer nationwide.
I had actually seen Dufferdan comment about My husband's deer a few times. That's actually why I joined this group. And I tried to direct message him and it wouldn't let me because I am to new of a member.

·
Premium Member
24,138 Posts
Yes and no response yet. But keeping my faith they someone will respond.

Yes the article has the score card and

Yes the article has the score card with all the numbers. But the reason I was

Yes the magazine has the score card with all the numbers. But the reason I was leaning towards trying to get 3 of the magazines is because

I had actually seen Dufferdan comment about My husband's deer a few times. That's actually why I joined this group. And I tried to direct message him and it wouldn't let me because I am to new of a member.
I may have his number let me check

·
Registered
N/A
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you're right the magazine does have the scorecard with all the numbers. But the reason I was trying to find some of the magazines is because I know I couldn't afford one replica much less one for each of our boys. And I'd like for them to each have one. But I do appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
You might try Kenn Young as well. (Kenn Young Outdoors) on facebook. I can’t find my copy (I think I loaned it to someone) , but I’m pretty sure there was a write up and pictures about the buck in Kenn’s book from the late 90’s. He might still have some copies of the book.
I have an old AOL email address for Duffer Dan ( per your post above he scored your husband’s deer) from about 10 years ago, but not sure it’s still active. I thought I had his #, but can’t find it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
N/A
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want to thank each and everyone of you for your advice and options you have thrown my way. I was feeling discouraged after searching for about 6 months and I'd think I was getting somewhere then I'd hit a dead end until I accidentally stumbled upon the picture and quote I posted above from DufferDan and it lead me to this fourm. I feel like I'm finally about to succeed. Once again thank you all so much.

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
I want to thank each and everyone of you for your advice and options you have thrown my way. I was feeling discouraged after searching for about 6 months and I'd think I was getting somewhere then I'd hit a dead end until I accidentally stumbled upon the picture and quote I posted above from DufferDan and it lead me to this fourm. I feel like I'm finally about to succeed. Once again thank you all so much.
This is a heartwarming thread, thank you for posting.
please keep us updated as to the progress. Anyone here will be more than willing to help you anyway we can

1 - 20 of 52 Posts