Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Curious as to how u guys keep warm with and without bulk.....

i was a thermal top browning fleece turtle neck and have a bottom land columbia omni heat jacket....MAKES me SWEAT

saw this online an got me thinkin about the bulkiness curious as to what u guys do/reccommend

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-COR73AS
for warmth without bulk .... gotta go underarmour .... cold gear of course.
then a vest (or two) keep the core warm and maintain ROM!!!!
top it off with a drake pullover ..... if you ain't gotta drake pullover ..... you are behind the game.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Under armor turtle neck, one long sleeve shirt, a under armor vest, then a wind proof water proof duck commander 1/4 zip pullover. Most of the time the Pullover comes off when the sun comes up

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for warmth without bulk .... gotta go underarmour .... cold gear of course.
then a vest (or two) keep the core warm and maintain ROM!!!!
top it off with a drake pullover ..... if you ain't gotta drake pullover ..... you are behind the game.
had two....sold both....browning turtle neck fleeces and a jackshirt....i didnt like the half windreaker half fleece of a pull over

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
All u need is to be hot natured like me. All I wear is jeans waders t shirt or underarmor heat gear shirt with a coat. Until now the coat has been a mossy oak waterproof hunting jacket. Usually I sit there without a jacket or with it open. I now have a drake LST jacket. I only wear the outer shel if I have to ride a wheeler. If I'm walking I will be trying to get naked and sweating like a pig with just the equader.

·
Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>www.blackopsduckcalls.c
761 Posts
all u need is to be hot natured like me. All i wear is jeans waders t shirt or underarmor heat gear shirt with a coat. Until now the coat has been a mossy oak waterproof hunting jacket. Usually i sit there without a jacket or with it open. I now have a drake lst jacket. I only wear the outer shel if i have to ride a wheeler. If i'm walking i will be trying to get naked and sweating like a pig with just the equader.
x2

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I wear a long sleeve T shirt with a T Shirt ,under it jeans ,and my full zip Drake MST Jacket then 3.5 Gram waders the more you can breath the better. Usually I'm down to my long sleeve T on a morning it's in the teens I'll throw a fleece vest in the mix along with thermals . Like I said the more you can breath the better .

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Curious as to how u guys keep warm with and without bulk.....

i was a thermal top browning fleece turtle neck and have a bottom land columbia omni heat jacket....MAKES me SWEAT

saw this online an got me thinkin about the bulkiness curious as to what u guys do/reccommend

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-COR73AS
il tell you about this jacket I had one the cuffs are to tight on the liner I got small wrist and big hands they are too tight for me so I gave it to my dad he liked it the zipper was to hard to zip too .

·
Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei
12,171 Posts
Mack sells a $1,200 Columbia coat that SHOULD keep you warm!!:fit: I about pooped a little when I saw the price tag. It is in their huntin catalog also, I had to take it to work and show the guys what I wanted for my birfday!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'm cold pretty much at any temperature under 60.

My layers are as follows:
Woolpower base layer (ullfrotte)
Woolpower midlayer (ullfrotte)
long sleeve shirt
fleece vest
north face windstopper fleece jacket
Browning down coat
Camo shell of choice for the day.

This serves me from 0-32. Above 32, i drop the mid layer wool.
I typically get harrassed for the amount of clothing i have on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts