I've seen 3-4 brand new duck boats for sale too...

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by ducdoc, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ducdoc

ducdoc Well-Known Member

I think some young duck hunters must have gotten the urge to get an Edge and then realized that they bit off more than they could chew financially - saw one on Craigslist with a Suzuki for around $7K - looked like it had never seen the water

2. fowlen

fowlen Well-Known Member

well, my thread didnt last 5 mins.. i think i had a legitiment question on the table.. i dont post much at all, nor have i ever started a "rukus"!!!????!!!!~~~~~

so, is it money, durability, sex, politics, or religion???

3. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

There is 2 on the Refuge for sale, 2 on here for sale and some on craigslist. I think it may be either financial, or they went along with the rest of the "in" crowd, and it turns out that the Edge isn't the boat they were looking for. If it was financial then you would see more than just brand new Edges up for sale, War Eagles, Xpress, Seark, etc...

4. icallemclose

icallemclose Well-Known Member

They figured out that the edge is a piece. Oh they're perty and all, but at the end of the day, it's just a step up from a Lowe jon boat. Buy an excel, best duckboat out guaranteed.

5. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

here we go with the " insert name of best boat thread":smack:

And i personally know one of the guys selling his boat on here in the trading post. Hes from alabama and bought the 550 and 25 just to be WMA legal when he comes up here to hunt. But he has since decided that he wants a little more boat and motor so hes gonna sell it.....

6. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

I don't think the original post was meant to be headed in that direction Razorback. I think durdoc and fowlens post were legit, if people are selling these boats for a reason I would like to know. I got a buddy that is in the market for a new boat and an Edge is on his list. If there is something wrong with the boats then hopefully some will chime in and post them up.

7. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

factory, i agree with you 100 percent. i wasn't refferring to the original post and fowlen's post. I was talking about icallemclose's post that he made saying a certain boat is the best in the market hands down. I know that i was in the market not to long ago at all, and some of the guys on here are the reason that i went with the edge when it was all said and done. I picked up my boat bout 20 days ago and i didnt have any of the "problems" that alot of the guys were talking about. If he wants a good boat, i know my buddys "riverbum10" on here is a good boat and doesnt have any problems that i know of.

8. icallemclose

icallemclose Well-Known Member

I told y'all the reasons they were getting rid of em. Wasn't trying to "plug" excel. They're good enough that they don't need my endorsement

9. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

My neighbors had an Edge but they traded it for an Escalade.

10. Edge650

Edge650 Well-Known Member

I know this is a little late but been to busy killing ducks to get on here!! I love my Edge and I've owned Xpress,War Eagle & Seaark non of those boats are half the boat as my edge! Best boat I've owned to date, I'm hard on boats and Edge is hanging in there like a champ not a dent Yet! I hunt with people who have war eagles and xpress and they both said they will be selling there's and buying an edge!