Arkansas Hunting banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,105 Posts
Uncle J I thought you were using blood runners and not looking back...
Am....But got theses on.....Discount last Winter.. THOUGHT I would try them....See if they would make it through the Rock's...
Still have Stock in Bloodrunners........ always trying new stuff...

·
Member On Double Secret Probation
29,712 Posts
I made thcomment a while back to someone.

Stealthy is shooting mechanicals and everybody else went to heavy arrows and COC broadheads 🤣🤣🤣

strange how that worked!!

·
Registered
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I made thcomment a while back to someone.

Stealthy is shooting mechanicals and everybody else went to heavy arrows and COC broadheads 🤣🤣🤣

strange how that worked!!
and everyone went out and got silkies and foofoo boots ... they just haven't admitted it yet

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I would used to have said double lunged animals don't run far - I had a KS deer once that I double lunged that probably ran 500 yards .... crazy. I even told my buddy I could have sworn I punched right through both lungs but no way does a deer run that far with the hit I thought I'd made .... but it did and I absolutely hit both lungs. Even the big buck last year ran at least 200 yards with both lungs sliced

but I'm tenacious now too - if I shoot an animal and its within 500 yards of where I shot it, I'll find it. I lost an elk once to not being determined - I'll never give up again like that
Usain Bolt’s 100m world record is 9.58 seconds. A shot deer can cover 500 yards in well under a minute…especially on level terrain.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well after bragging on the G5's I had a little mishap this weekend. shot a doe saturday evening .... thought the shot was perfect until I got to my arrow and it was mostly meat with very little blood. At that point it enters my mind that it was probably high. I give it a little time and start down the trail.... just pin drops of blood at first and like usual with the G5 no blood at all for the first 20 yards which is getting old quick. Finally I get to some better blood but still not a lot. Then I go back to just pin drops again. Then it opens up again and I'm finding some decent blood... come to a spot where I can smell a deer and a decent amount of blood..... and from that spot on I got two little pin drops and that was it. Left the trail about 45 min after dark and returned the next morning... never found more blood and started making circles. No more sign. I'm guessing I was just high in the "no man's land" area but at the time I thought the shot was perfect. I hate this part of bowhunting.... I will say in 25 years of bowhunting it's only the 2nd one I've lost but it still sucks. Would be 3rd one but BBD's old dog Cash found a buck for me that was a bad shot several years back.
I guess I should have put a dog on the trail but I was starting to assume non-lethal at that point. Regardless, not happy with the lack of damage the Montec did. So now I'm a broadhead free-agent.... looking for options.

·
Registered
15,860 Posts
Well after bragging on the G5's I had a little mishap this weekend. shot a doe saturday evening .... thought the shot was perfect until I got to my arrow and it was mostly meat with very little blood. At that point it enters my mind that it was probably high. I give it a little time and start down the trail.... just pin drops of blood at first and like usual with the G5 no blood at all for the first 20 yards which is getting old quick. Finally I get to some better blood but still not a lot. Then I go back to just pin drops again. Then it opens up again and I'm finding some decent blood... come to a spot where I can smell a deer and a decent amount of blood..... and from that spot on I got two little pin drops and that was it. Left the trail about 45 min after dark and returned the next morning... never found more blood and started making circles. No more sign. I'm guessing I was just high in the "no man's land" area but at the time I thought the shot was perfect. I hate this part of bowhunting.... I will say in 25 years of bowhunting it's only the 2nd one I've lost but it still sucks. Would be 3rd one but BBD's old dog Cash found a buck for me that was a bad shot several years back.
I guess I should have put a dog on the trail but I was starting to assume non-lethal at that point. Regardless, not happy with the lack of damage the Montec did. So now I'm a broadhead free-agent.... looking for options.
Are you just in the mood for a new head? If youve had good results with what you know works for you, why swap after 1 misplaced arrow?
A meaty arrow in most cases will leave little blood to start with.. just my 2cents tho.
If you run cameras I'd be watching to see if he shows back up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
no doubt it wasn't a good hit.... but the continued issue with the montec and the T3 has been little to no blood early in the trail.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts