Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm going to be able starting September 1st through maybe mid-October before I roll out for Uncle Sam to the sandbox.

It's so bloody hot early season, but I don't have the luxury of waiting until prime time when the weather is nice to hunt this year. So...I'm looking for ways to survive the heat.

One layer I know...however, I'm thinking of this.

A t-shirt is pretty much what I wear in the summer. September it'll still feel like summer, so I'm thinking I'll wear a t-shirt...with these...

http://sleefs.com/collections/camos/products/camo-digital-arm-sleeves

They're compression sleeves for you arms. Made for working out. They help with blood circulation and are breathable spandex-like material. I have some compression socks for my legs that help with my shin splints, and a lot of old guys (probably some of yall :whistle:) wear them to help with blood circulation.

These things come in digital camo. I'd prefer a Realtree or Mossy Oak pattern but apparently they haven't paid for rights to those hunting patterns. So digital will have to suffice for now. Digital or not, they will camo my white arms and allow me to wear a t-shirt while I'm hunting early season.

What do you think? Completely stupid? Or so stupid it might just work?

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
I have been wearing the Dry Lock stuff from companies like under armor to coach peewee football. It is a lot cooler that any cotton t-shirt. They also do not get wet from sweat like cotton.

·
Registered
10,367 Posts
In early bow season I wear a short sleeve camo the shirt. By that time my arms are more than tan enough not to stick out in the woods. I can't imagine wearing anything compression in the heat. Unless your sweating a lot all they're gonna do is hold in body heat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.