itching to go fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by pprob, Dec 2, 2012.

1. pprob

pprob Well-Known Member

I'm going in the morning, anybody been catching some ole big mouths?

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Well-Known Member

been Slow but few being caught have been Worth the Trip!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. pprob

pprob Well-Known Member

Heard that mojo! Hopefully I'll catch something tomorrow but if I don't it's okay I just love being on the water! If u don't mind me asking what u catch them on?

4. MojoMan

Rat-L-traps in shallow Rocks

5. MojoMan

Also catching kentuckys on drop shots with a green finesse worm in deeper brush

6. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Arkansas River has been excellent lately!

7. pprob

pprob Well-Known Member

Good to hear! Any of y'all going Tomorrow or tuesday?

8. dlea2288

dlea2288 Well-Known Member

Vilonia
    Mojo is that lake brewer?

9. MojoMan

Lake Maumelle, Havent been back up to Brewer lately...Have you been??

10. dlea2288

dlea2288 Well-Known Member

Vilonia
    Nah I haven't since October..I'm deployed right now I get back in late may...look out for a pm to do some fishing

11. pprob

pprob Well-Known Member

Didn't catch anything today but enjoyed watching the ducks fly this morning. Send me a pm and we will go for sure!

12. phnxdrvr

phnxdrvr Active Member

Ya all ever hit Barnett? Great jerkbait bite there in the Winter!!!

13. MojoMan

Yes Sir! Until then, Be Safe!! :thumb:

14. MojoMan

Its been a few years since Ive fished Barnett, Havent fished it enough to learn how to catch em consistantly there, Know theres BIG fish to be caught, and do get caught outta there every year!

15. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

Bismarck
    Degray is heating up! Never in my life have I seen so many Shad in the lake,need a really cold winter too kill a few.

16. MojoMan

Prolly why my Buddy had such a teribble tournament down there this past Saturday Due to all the Shad!!??.. He has really been beating himself up about it too!!... He was fishing up in the Creek where he was catching some before Saturday but said for the most part they have shut off completely to how he was fishing it...

17. phnxdrvr

phnxdrvr Active Member

I could help ya, I owned that lake!! Structure fishermans dream, every textbook piece of terrain is in that lake. Key is running all the way to the back....and knowing how to get there. I fished it for over 10 years before I moved away from AR

18. MojoMan

Really??!! Its a Pretty Cool lake, the way its laid out and winds around through the mtns...I remember it was Really Really Deep at the back by the Dam.

19. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

Bismarck
    Drift fishing around humps that are 12 to 15 deep on top,stay out in 20 to 25 ft of water,spoons,shad type baits(imagine that)lol! Drift fishing means keep the bait in the water! Been working on this method of fishing the past yr and am well pleased with the results. More wind the better!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  20. phnxdrvr

phnxdrvr Active Member

16749_1188676085550_4069601_n.jpg 16749_1188683885745_675090_n.jpg

Couple pics of my 9lb 10oz caught middle of Aug 2002, black n blue Jig at night