It won't stay hard

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by QuailRidge, Nov 11, 2017.

1. QuailRidge

QuailRidge Well-Known Member

The primer bubble on my fuel line. Fired up the old boat motor this morning and I have to pump the primer bubble every 10-15 seconds to keep it going. It ran great last weekend. I'm thinking It's sucking air either through a pinhole in the fuel line or a bad oring where the line hooks to the motor. I couldn't spot a fuel leak in the dark this morning but I'll look for one after we finish hunting. If that's not it, does anyone have an idea where to look next?

2. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    When I read your title I was gonna suggest this might not be the appropriate forum. Never mind..................

3. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

4. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

harrison
    I’d say it’s just old time for a new one

5. Bucker10

Bucker10 Well-Known Member Staff Member

And curdog says to get a new one

6. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

Just going to leave this one alone, that title is bait for some trouble. Just need to lock the thread.

7. QuailRidge

I thought it would get noticed and somebody would have another suggestion about what is wrong. Found a vacuum line rotted and replaced all of them. No change. Fuel line ends look good and don't bleed off pressure while it is not running. I'm going to pick up a new one tomorrow and try it. If its not that then I'm leaning toward a bad fuel pump.

8. MSWING12

MSWING12 Well-Known Member

I’m not “touching” this topic...

9. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Probably age related. Time for a new one.:)

dogdoc likes this.
  10. tmeredith

Have you tried kicking it and cussing it?

11. QuailRidge

Wanted to. Had my daughter in the boat so I had to stay calm. Ruled out an air leak and I am sure it's the fuel pump. Going to check on getting one tomorrow. The motor is 30 years old so I won't be spending much on it. May go with an electric fuel pump if a diaphragm pump is expensive.

12. tmeredith

Well, she'll be in school tomorrow I suppose. You could beat the crap out of it and cuss it a little bit and maybe it'll work.

QuailRidge likes this.