It is amazing.......

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Justin n, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Justin n

Justin n Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>

How many deer are lost with archery equipment!:frown:

2. Savage Shooter

Savage Shooter Well-Known Member

Not any more amazing than the number lost by modern gun and especially especially black powder muzzleloaders.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

It is also amazing

How many are lost with firearms.

4. REM870

REM870 Account Suspended

it seems 1000K times more with archery. New bows but folks dont practice and use crappy or dull broadheads and have no outdoorsman skillz. i agree archery loses way too many.

5. REM870

REM870 Account Suspended

read on here the other day lady used wrong pin cause it was the one she practiced with , and missed, huh practice with other pins any :head:, then her boyfriend shot at it while running. really????? :down: most folks dont need to be archery hunting in my opinion and theres many more like them, i read the dumb crap everyday on hera..

6. Justin n

Justin n Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>

I can't answer that. I just observed over the years that there are a ton of threads in the bowhunting forum about lost deer.

7. Savage Shooter

Savage Shooter Well-Known Member

There is a reason the Indians lost the war, woodsmanship, courage, heart, discipline etc......can not overcome superior weapons.......

8. Razoo97

Razoo97 Well-Known Member

seen this one comeing :popcorn:

9. RAZOR_DEER

RAZOR_DEER Well-Known Member

It is really part of bow hunting, no matter how much you practice and how good your equipment is you are probably going to lose a deer in your lifetime. It sucks when it happens but it does happen. If it has not happened to you yet, then God bless you, but it probably will. Even with a clean pass through right in the boiler room you could possibly lose a deer.

I had a buck run 3/4 mile and I shot him right through the heart. I found him because the blood trail was 3 feet wide, but he could have plugged up and run into some thickets and I could have easily lost him. Where I hunt has some extremely thick undergrowth that is all but impossible to go through without a Machette ( Yes, I carry one on my wheeler).

Hi my name is "Mike" and I have lost deer. It happens! All we can do is try to do our best to hunt ethically.

10. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

X2. I approve of this message and I have lost deer.

11. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

amazing to me everyone wants to argue with me about using a setup designed for worst case hit .... yet everyone argues they always make great shots and therefore only need setups that works in the best case hits :banghead:

light arrows and mechanical broadheads are the #1 reasons people lose animals -truth

12. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

it's not the equipment its the hunter. I have lost deer......it was my fault because of bad, risky shots.

13. pruitt76

Someone should start a poll on the deer hunting forum to see who has lost deer this year and which weapon was used. I'd be interested to see the results. Just a thought...

14. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I would be willing to bet there is A LOT more deer wounded by the orange army.

15. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

x2.....exactly

16. pruitt76

X2. And I bet a lot of them are chalked up as misses.

17. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

x3

18. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

I would bet that as well and remember not all deer that are shot will die. They're pretty tough animals.

19. turkey pond bucks

turkey pond bucks Well-Known Member

How many are lost or wounded total with all methods total?:banghead:

I wouldn't wish losing a deer on anyone but it happens that is part of the sport no matter what weapon is used

20. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I like to refer to them as "Wal-mart hunters". They run by Wally World on opening day of season. They buy their license, orange vest, some bullets, a deer block, a 2 liter of Mountain Dew, some summer sausage and a carton of Pall Malls. They sight in their gun in the headlights of the truck and throw the deer block out in front of em,(dont even bother to take the plastic wrapper off). Then blaze away at the first deer that walks up.

I may be exaggerating just a bit, but you get my drift. :thumb: