Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the AGFC facebook page, they are voting on a proposal to ban spinning wing decoys on Bayou Meto and Dave Donaldson at the Sept. 24 meeting. Maybe we can find out who the real master duck killers are this season.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You boys better start sending them emails and calling the office , keep the pressure on em . at least they are somewhat listening to have made the announcement today .. good luck , wish they would ban em statewide ..

110 Posts
You boys better start sending them emails and calling the office , keep the pressure on em . at least they are somewhat listening to have made the announcement today .. good luck , wish they would ban em statewide ..
Emon Mahony
870-862-6464 | [email protected]

Fred Brown
870-276-5517 | [email protected]

Steve Cook
501-626-5975 | [email protected]

Ford Overton
501-978-6508 | [email protected]

Ken Reeves
870-754-9086 | [email protected]

Andrew Parker
501-210-4202 | [email protected]

Joe Morgan
501-425-5977 | [email protected]

·
Member<br>The Member Formerly Known as Passthrough
7,658 Posts
Thanks for the emails. Sent them all a message saying we need to keep using the spinners. They make hunting easier and more fun IMO

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Thanks for the emails. Sent them all a message saying we need to keep using the spinners. They make hunting easier and more fun IMO
Why don't you get a life. You may think it's funny but my children will never get to hunt public timber or see what I saw because of how it's been bastardized and I hunted through the guides etc. It may be a joke to you but I've got 33 years invested and my father will never get to see his grandchildren hunt public timber like I did. So you'll excuse me if I don't laugh at your childish attempts at humor.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Personally, I don't care if they are banned or not. Sometimes I hunt with them, sometimes I don't and the quality of my hunts coincides more with whether or not birds are in the area. My opinion is banning SWD is really not going to have that big of an effect on duck hunting in AR. Until people's egos and attitudes change, nothing will be any different than how it is right now. SWD aren't going to magically stop the crowding and racing to the popular holes, it's not going to stop people from sky busting or shooting swing ducks, OOSers are still going to come to AR. It's just now the folks that complain about SWD are going to have to find something else to complain about. I hope I'm wrong and this cures all the problems associated with duck hunting, I just hope nobody gets their hopes up that this is the be all and end all to duck hunting problems. Again, that is my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.

·
Registered
118 Posts
On all WMA's ( that are TAX MONEY FUNDED ), a person should be able to use what ever is legal, some of us don't have a bunch of land to manage. But now if you own a bunch of land an what to ( not use SWD) then shoot your self in the foot (an do it the old school /hard way) that is your right. The way I see it is if a person needs to use SWD to have fun then use 'em

1 - 20 of 215 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.