Is this the real reason behind Sandy Hook?

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by arky501, Dec 24, 2012.

1. arky501

arky501 Well-Known Member

2. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

No the guy was crazy. However the removal of God has increased overall violence IMO

3. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Poppycock and Balderdash.

"Suffer the little children to come to me, for of such is the Kingdom of God".

So, if anyone thinks God abandoned some innocent little kids because He's mad that their grandparents took Him out of schools, they don't know Him very well, IMHO. And why would anyone think that every parent would agree that God didn't need to be in that school? Maybe many wanted Him there, but can't do it. Who knows?

This isn't furthering the righteous agenda one bit.

4. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with him. One thing that I think is a big issue and is connected to religion in school, or the lack there of, is the notion of right and wrong. Our society tells us that there are no moral or ethical absolutes and that anything can be rationalized given the right set of circumstances. Right and Wrong effectively don't exist anymore.

5. Buckrub

Conway
    Teachers teach right vs. wrong all the time.

You guys need to go visit a school.

6. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

No we don't. We teach consequences to actions. Teaching right and wrong would get us sued or fired.

7. Buckrub

Conway
    You are very wrong.

Sorry.

Teachers teach consequences to actions, and right vs. wrong, all the time. Go ask one. Or go visit a school that you are refusing to do.

Why do you think they don't?

8. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Already said.

So which right from wrong do you think a teacher can legally teach?

9. Buckrub

Conway
    Lots of them.

As I said, go visit a school, sit and watch. I don't know why you think they don't do this. They don't teach God vs. Allah, no. But they teach the wrongs of stealing, breaking rules, the importance of Law, society's requirements to do no harm to each other, they teach a TON of such things.

As the husband and father of teachers, I don't appreciate these blanket statements that imply that ALL teachers do not teach any right vs. wrong. What's the point of such statements, anyway?

10. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Ok, so tell me why it's wrong to steal without mentioning consequences.

11. Budd2311

Budd2311 Well-Known Member

I think that God would use children being killed to draw a society that, as a majority, has turned their backs on Him, back to Him. Look at the first borns that were killed in the passover. I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong, I'm saying His ways are not our ways, and His will is absolute and will be done.

12. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

By the way, I would argue with a rock about why I don't think it's hard when I'm bored.:biggrin:

13. Buckrub

Conway
  14. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

15. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

I'm still right though.

16. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Guess you're not going to play. Got to go anyway.

Merry Christmas guys.

17. Budd2311

Budd2311 Well-Known Member

X2 lol

18. Buckrub

Conway
    Had to go wrap grandkids presents.

Sorry.

And of course you're not right. Geez. How could ANYONE disagree with me, for goodness sakes? :biggrin: