IS THIS THE ANTI CHRIST..? School ME..

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by jackie53, Aug 5, 2020.

1. rmcmurry

rmcmurry Well-Known Member

I have no problems with the God who created everything keeping all the animals alive without food! I also believe it is quite possible that what we call dinosaurs were also on the Ark. Maybe not as adult critters. I was always under the impression that God told Moses what happened from Genesis 1:1 til Moses, and that Moses was the first one to write down everything that happened before hand.

JR1 likes this.
  2. sparkie

sparkie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NEA
    Yet if it is taken from the knowledge from man-- a person must just take there interpation.
    Done on GOD'S word---By men---You could read one after another and at the end of the day it was done by man's understanding.

3. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

You do realize all translation is done by men, right? From the Septuagant to the KJV to any translation. We have no originals. No translation is inspired.

There is a huge element of faith we have to place in God when he told us he'd preserve His Word.

4. sparkie

NEA
    I don't think so Buckrub--- It is the Love that you received from the Holy Spirit when you was called by The Holy Spirit to be saved. You are called no matter what your education or station in life. You have to start out as little children understanding on milk before you are able to understand the meat.

Remember the thief on the cross that ask for JESUS to remember him.
    Not even time for the thief to be baptized.

R6mm likes this.
  5. sparkie

NEA
    Enter-- the more you put into the mix the better chance you have to get it wrong.

6. sparkie

NEA
    I'm sorry JR1 --My Bible is the inspired Holy Word of GOD. If I didn't think that I may as well throw it out with the dishwater.

CBD likes this.
  7. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Nor was the Church even established yet, since Jesus was still alive. As still alive, he could save anyone any way he wanted. After his death, His word and commandments told us how to be saved.

Hebrews 9:16.

paxcolt and jackie53 like this.
  8. JR1

I'm sorry too Sparkie but your KJV is not inspired. It is a translation from a translation of a translation of the inspired original manuscript.

To believe the KJV is "inspired" means you believe God spoke to the men who translated it and guided all they did. It means you believe chapters and verses (The numbers) are inspired and they aren't. It means it would have been perfect as produced in 1776 and it wasn't as revisions were made (none to essential doctrine).

If it were inspired then every other translation is flawed and wrong unless you believe they are all inspired.

And if the KJV was inspired why aren't you using the 1611 version? Which revision is the inspired one? They can't all be.

Let's also consider this, if the KJV is God's inspired Word do the Spanish and French and Portuguese speaking people not get an inspired Bible? How in the world does that sound like God? It isn't fair at all.

It is God's Word. I believe that with all my heart. But it is not inspired. The KJV will always hold a special place in my heart and in the hearts of most English speaking Christians over the age of 40, but elevating it to "inspired" status is to exalt it alone above all others and that just isn't right.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    orangefeetdown likes this.
  9. Vern Humphrey

Vern Humphrey Well-Known Member

Yup.

But consider this:

Genesis 20

2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.

3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

Genesis 26

6 And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:

7 And the men of the place asked him of his wife; and he said, She is my sister: for he feared to say, She is my wife; lest, said he, the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah; because she was fair to look upon.

8 And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife.

Now we know Sarah was a young and beautiful woman when the first incident occurred. That's why Abimelech king of Gerar wanted her.

And we know she was an old woman when God made his covenant with Abraham -- When God promises him descendants, Abraham protests that Sarah is too old.

Now Isaac was the son of Abraham and Sarah -- and he and Rebekah had been living in Gerar "a long time."

Yet the king of Gerar is the same man, Abimhelech -- and still wants a woman.

The Jews believe he did (some of them, anyway.) There is, however, reason to believe that some of it was written down long after Moses' time.

10. Kinglake

Kinglake Well-Known Member

Why do you think it is the same man?

Abimhelech is Hebrew and could be translated as "King" so doesn't mean it is the same king. Could be, but we don't know.

sparkie likes this.
  11. JR1

I believe the part written after his death was by Joshua. But it was small amount.

jackie53 likes this.
  12. Vern Humphrey

That could be -- but there is a small reminder that the Canaanites were still living in the land. The Canaanites lived in the land for 500 years after Moses -- it was David who captured the last Canaanite city, Jerusalem.

13. JR1

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. The Canannites always lived in the land. Sorry I'm missing your point.

14. Vern Humphrey

Whoever wrote that the Canaanites were living in the land wrote AFTER the fall of Jerusalem, which occurred about 1,000 BC. Moses lived around 1.500 BC.

15. JR1

How is that? It was literally the land of Canaan and Canaanites always lived there.

I am truly sorry because I don't understand what you are trying to get at. Have a verse or two for reference?

16. sparkie

NEA

I don't know what bible you use-- but it is out in left field --when compared to my Bible. I don't think you said a line in Genesis 20 -8 after 8 that my Bible has in it.
    You have another 4 verse if you would that my Bible don't have in there-at that spot.

This is exactly why I say the more versions of the Bible you have the more likely you are to be lead astray!

Sorry these words you printed makes no since to me.
    I would never tell a Sunday School class to bring any Bible you got --we are going to study it tomorrow.
    This would be like in a school room every person had a different subject book and were going to just study Math out of all these different books.

You would never get anywhere!

CBD likes this.
  17. Vern Humphrey

The Jews threw them out. After the fall of Jerusalem, there was no Canaanite power in the Holy Land.

There is a fair summary at https://theevidenceisplain.blogspot...ely destroy the Canaanites living in the land.

"What happened to the Canaanites? According to the Bible, God used the Israelites as an instrument of judgment upon the seven wicked nations living in the land of land of Canaan. In the 400 years since God's initial promise to Abraham, the evil practices of the Canaanites had become so abhorrent that the Children of Israel were instructed to completely destroy the Canaanites living in the land. (Genesis 15:13-16, Deuteronomy 9:5, 20:15-18)"

So while there may have been survivors, the Canaanites as an organized, recognized people ceased to exist.

Deuteronomy 20, 16-17: 16However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

The Jebusites were the people of Jerusalem, and presumably David killed them all around 1,000 BC.

18. Vern Humphrey

Maybe, maybe not. I use the KJV in discussions, but sometimes other versions pop up.

Most biblical scholars agree that if you are not an expert in the original languages, using several translations helps.

19. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

PEOPLE ALSO SEARCH FOR

Overview

Description

83% liked this book

Google users

Description

The Holman Christian Standard Bible is a modern English Bible translation from Holman Bible Publishers. The New Testament was published in 1999, followed by the full Bible in March 2004. Wikipedia

Originally published: 2003

Complete Bible published: 2004

Version revision: 2009

Reading level: Middle School

Copyright: Copyright 2004 Holman Bible Publishers

Abbreviation: HCSB

20. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Jackie............I ............. Um...........

Geez. Man, never mind. I swear.

JR1, jackie53 and Remington like this.