Is the gouging limited to assault weapons? answer: No

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by mwells72774, Dec 23, 2012.

1. mwells72774

mwells72774 Well-Known Member

Just saw on another forum, where a member deleted his ad of 2 mosin nagants with accessories for $150 ea. or $300/pair and relisted it to $200 ea. WTC is that all about? Nagants are jumbing in on the hype too? :fit: :banghead:

2. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

I saw a guy list an AR15 in .308 caliber for $1,600. Another got called him out said it was way over priced because he paid just a hair over $900 for the one he bought. The OP said I don't doubt you did but go find one for that now.

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    That's right. If I sold anything it would be at current fair market value.

4. mwells72774

AR's and nagants are COMPLETELY different. Thats not the message Im trying to convey here.

5. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I understand exactly what you are saying, real old bolt gun vs modern sporting rifle. Some people are trying to take advantage of the market, if he sells them he's found a sucker, if not he will probably adjust the price.

Remeber, there's a sucker born every minute and you must know what you are buying.

Caveat emptor :biggrin:

6. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

I've got about 100 AR mags I'm tryin to decide if I want to let go. Get them cheap on Black Friday, could sure turn a nice profit today. But I think I'm gonna wait and see what happens with the laws.

7. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Seeing the price on lowers is tempting me too. I've seen stripped lowers going for in excess of $500.

8. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

I've seen basic 30 round mags for $125 on eBay. I could take my $10,000 profit and buy a bushmaster. Haha

9. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I'll sell my spare lowers for $500 now and in 6 months load up on $75 lowers again. :biggrin:

10. dkhern

dkhern Well-Known Member

i hope youre right

11. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

Exactly Mr C I'm glad I'm not one of those gotta get it now buyers or I would be broke. I'm thinking about selling my mini 14 and AR and keep the cash and turn around in 6mths and buy 2 of each heck maybe even more.

12. Timd1978

Timd1978 Well-Known Member

I am seeing rifles ON HERE being gouged. Rifles that have 10 round fixed mags (not assault weapon), no pistol grip (not an assault weapon), etc..that did cost 250-350 a few weeks ago now costing 600. REALLY??? We are talking yugo and norinco...not some Russian safe queen in decent condition

The only thing about SOME of them is the bayonet lug/bayonet that can easily be removed...I just don't get it

13. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    We're like fish during a feeding frenzy. I'm not buying anything though, basically b/c I'm broke, but I ain't selling either...

14. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

There is no doubt that it is a sellers market. The panic buying is crazy.
    I saw an AR on another local site listed at $3000.00
    That is correct...three thousand dollars!

He was getting flamed until the Admin stepped in and put a stop to it.

15. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

man you guys don't get it. If the op can get the price he is asking then more power to him. Its not "gouging." Its what the market is calling for. If the op doesn't get his asking price and wants to sale then he will come off of the price. It is his God given American right to ask what he wants for his goods.

16. mwells72774

But pulling an ad and relisting for a raised price to jump in on the hype is wrong, no matter how you look at it

Sent from my PMID4311 using Tapatalk 2

17. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

He could have pulled the ad and opted not to sale it at all. Its his right. Would it make you feel better if he waited to re list it? I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I just don't understand.

18. huskyman

huskyman Well-Known Member

I would sell any gun I've got for three grand, if I could find a buyer! Except for the wife and kids, I would sell anything I've got for that price! Might let the Husky go for twenty-five hundred!:whistle:

19. Timd1978

Timd1978 Well-Known Member

Ya it is his right...and it's my right to voice my opinion on here since it is forum. We are talking about an SKS here not a freakn AR15, AK47, AK 74, AR 10, Sig 556, FAL, etc, etc. He can ask what he wants but a YUKO SKS does not have a value of 600 bucks not matter how you want to look at it.

The recent tradgetiy has done it's part to raise firearm prices; however, us as gun owners need to do our part to keep any rifle that doesn't NEED a price raise, DOWN in price. We are screwing ourselves here and in the long run it will only drive gun prices higher and higher until even base firearms are rediculously priced. Can't wait until I see a high point carbine for 600 bucks, I bet that is coming soon. Then again, it does have detachable mags and a pistol grips (guess it is more "assault" than an SKS).

It is his right to ask what he wants and people who are too stupid to realize they are getting ripped off will pay the price for it. We as gun owners will not do our part to keep prices down and will ensure we make ourselves pay more for firearms of all kinds. We are only hurting ourselves and all we see are dollar signs

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

20. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    A basic AR does not have a value of $2K or more either but people are paying that much and more for them.

It's ironic that in the last month or 2 before the election we have had numerous threads in the guns forum about AR's selling from $600 to $800 and the shelves being stocked. The day they go to $2k everyone and their brother decides they need an AR right then and will pay that price.

Right after O got elected in '08 this same thing happened. People paid $2K or more for AR's and then a few months later when the feeding frenzy died down and the AR market caught up with demand you could find $700 AR's on the dealer racks again. Epople were trying to unload the rifles they overpaid for and couldn't. There were rifles listed on her that were new and unfired for $1500+ and you could buy the same model at the local stor for $800.

It's all waht the market will bear.