Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
I herd that the AGFC is talking about closing the first weekend of turkey season due to high water. Is this just a rumor? :confused:
Would be too late to close it now. They would have done it already if it was true.

Someone probably just saw this on the agfc site and well, you know how rumors go...

Turkey Hunts Cancelled

Due to flooding on Wildlife Management Areas, turkey permit hunts on the following Wildlife Management Areas have been cancelled.

Beryl Anthony Lower Ouachita
Choctaw Island
Shirey Bay Rainey Brake

Also, the regular season turkey hunting has been cancelled on the following Wildlife Management Areas:

Choctaw Island
Dave Donaldson Black River
St. Francis Sunken Lands
Trusten Holder

If flood waters recede, we will reopen any still available hunting seasons on these areas.

For the latest in Arkansas Game and Fish Commission information go to www.agfc.com or call the Wildlife Information Hotline at (800)440-1477.

Posted: April 9, 2008

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
They have already closed some management areas and I think some refuge hunts.
You can check www.agfc.com for more info.

I would say at this point if they are going to close anything else they would have to announce it pretty soon.

I hope it's ok to post this here...directly from agfc site.

Turkey Hunts Cancelled

Due to flooding on Wildlife Management Areas, turkey permit hunts on the following Wildlife Management Areas have been cancelled.

Beryl Anthony Lower Ouachita
Choctaw Island
Shirey Bay Rainey Brake

Also, the regular season turkey hunting has been cancelled on the following Wildlife Management Areas:

Choctaw Island
Dave Donaldson Black River
St. Francis Sunken Lands
Trusten Holder

If flood waters recede, we will reopen any still available hunting seasons on these areas.

For the latest in Arkansas Game and Fish Commission information go to www.agfc.com or call the Wildlife Information Hotline at (800)440-1477.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
They may close a bunch of places....more to protect the human turkeys rather that the animal types.....some turkey hunters I know would risk drowning just to get that one more opportunity and a longbeard!:razz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.