Is Dave Donaldson a private WMA?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Ticket Master, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Ticket Master

Ticket Master Well-Known Member

Went to Dave Donaldson this morning and was told to leave a hole that I had gotten to first. What is the deal with that place? The way I read the AGFC rules it says that you can hunt a hole on a first come first serve basis. Am I reading this wrong?

2. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

shouldn't have left

hate thugs like that

3. bloody acorns

bloody acorns Well-Known Member

Where were you

I would have picked up the phone and called the man - dont ever leave one - if there aren't many you can invite them to hunt with you if not - they need to move on

4. WackinNstackin

WackinNstackin Well-Known Member

Don't tell me you actually left?

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Well-Known Member

That's a bunch of :censored:!...Why haven't they changed that by now?!..never been there and wouldnt ever go!...Wouldnt want to sit in a rickity old blind anyway, stands out like a sore :censored:....I hate that for ya brother! Hope ya get em next time! :up:

6. bloody acorns

Not blinds

They dont have blinds up there they just allow folks to leave thier decoys out all season - so folks think they own the hole cause their decoys are in them. Was a lot worse back in the day - thought we were going to have a gun fight one morning on viney slough with a guide- he got really nasty - Heard someone went back in there and shot his decoys to peices later in the season :head:

7. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Disrespectful thugs and public land duck hunting....Unfortunately, they go hand in hand. :down:

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Well-Known Member

Ok well I thought they had blinds??...Wait a minute that was Big Lake wasnt it?...Either way though, staking claim on Public with your Dekes! Y'all do things alot different up in those parts I guess and I won't be a part of it!.. No Offense :thumb:

9. bloody acorns

No ya'll

I am long gone from those parts - rarely go back unless the river is out - just not worth it - too old to fight

10. Ticket Master

Ticket Master Well-Known Member

The thing that really makes me mad is that mine and your tax dollars bought those WMA's. It's basically like we bought private land for those fortunate enough to "own" holes on it. Get this, I had one guy tell me at the boat launch that his grandfather had passed his hole down to him, and the best part of the story is...........this guy is a Tennessean!!!

11. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    A game warden could probably get that ole boy seeing the big picture after a short visit.

12. grassduck

grassduck Well-Known Member

That place and Big Lake are the biggest joke of all the WMA's. BJW and co. have that place sewed up.

13. duinbb

duinbb Well-Known Member

BB
    It's a different world up there boy's and girls !!!

Love it or leave it , those boys been doing it their way a long time and have no intentions of stopping !!! And they dam sure don't have time for the new kids in town :up:

I don't run around up there because those ain't my woods , I expect the same courtesy in return :up:

14. blackriver 373

blackriver 373 Well-Known Member

25000 acres and u want to set up on someone elses spread:shrug:

15. TimberTalker

TimberTalker Well-Known Member

Nothing private about it, sounds like you went wondering through the woods following the easiest path found some decoys and stopped.

16. GreenTimber

GreenTimber Well-Known Member

Any ducks up there?

17. arkrem870

arkrem870 Well-Known Member

Conway
    Hunt there often. Its not first come first serve. Being there first means nothing. A late group can come in and hunt with you legally because there are no laws governing how close you can set up to people. If you cuss the group that comes in late you can be prosecuted as well. I can tell most have not called a wo about the issue cause thats what he will say. Had a group try and run me out of a hole last year and wo told me its public land and they have just as much right to be there as i did even though we maintain the hole, dog stand, decoys and we were there first. I almost got arrested for calling them yankee sobs

18. OughtSix

OughtSix Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

You weren't the feller that left his dome light on were ya? I was down there and most the duckhunters I ran into getting out didn't seem to friendly as usual.

19. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

See, that's the problem right there. It should not be legal for you to put up permanent dog stands, lay down gravel, and "maintain" a hole. It's public land, yet you are allowed to treat it like you own it.

The politics in play up there are unreal. Try that on any other WMA and you would get a ticket.

20. biglakehunter

biglakehunter New Member

There is no gravel being laid down. We maintain (knock down weeds down with a drag) our hole......but if someone else is in it before we are then thats fine. We don't leave decoys out there because people steal them. If someone is in there before us, then we got plenty of woods to use. Pertty easy concept. :thumb: