Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
The western side around glenwood , Pacific junction and up towards council bluffs has a bunch of deer and the farmers I talked to didn't seem to mind someone hunting.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I grew up in Iowa and moved to Arkansas 3 years ago. Public land is everywhere there. Permission to hunt private ground is usually as easy as knocking on doors, and being polite. Be sure to invest in a sportsmans atlas, it will list county by county the public hunting land, with clear borders. What area? If you are thinking northeast Iowa I can get you lots of info.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I grew up in Iowa and moved to Arkansas 3 years ago. Public land is everywhere there. Permission to hunt private ground is usually as easy as knocking on doors, and being polite. Be sure to invest in a sportsmans atlas, it will list county by county the public hunting land, with clear borders. What area? If you are thinking northeast Iowa I can get you lots of info.
Would love that area. Kalamakee county in that area but open to anywhere at all. Thanks again for any replies.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I moved to Iowa from LR 3 yrs ago. Quite a bit of public but can be frustrating at times. Also the biggest deer I've seen here thus far was not over 150"s. Actually ended up going back to KS for a week during bow season last year.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Buying points each year? For 3 to 5 years ahead of a hunt just to get enough points to draw a tag? Wow. That sure seems like a scheme to me. I know everyone says it's an awesome hunt. But there's no way they'll ever get me to do it. I wish you the best of luck.

Miketyson26 :flag:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I went during the first shotgun season. There were two problems with hunting Iowa that I saw. The worst problem was that EHD had killed off a lot of the herd in 2012. Every local up there was telling me that I should of been there 5 years ago, big bucks everywhere. Second problem is that during the gun season the locals have this ritual of road hunting even though its supposed to be illegal. I watched them pull up in many vehicles and get out and unload on anything that is brown.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.