Internet in Benton/Bryant

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by dunnhead, Jan 24, 2008.

1. dunnhead

dunnhead Well-Known Member

I live in Bryant and I can't get DSL or cable internet where I live. I spend $65 combined on land line & dial-up. I could upgrade our cell service and do away with the land line if I could get internet some other way. For those of you in Bryant/Benton/Alexander, who is your internet provider?

2. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Depending on who your cell is through, you may be able to get your internet through them. I don't have any idea about the cost though.

3. Gruntcall

Gruntcall Well-Known Member

I did away with the land-line 15 yrs ago and haven't missed it yet. I've been using satellite for TV and internet, also, and don't have many complaints. Land line's are a rip-off.

4. I'm in the same boat as you. AT&T told me that I was 2000' too far from a junction box. I can look at my neighbors house and probably throw a rock and hit their house and they have it. I was able to get DSL through Earthlink. You can goto www.earthlink.net and make sure it's available in your area.

5. dunnhead

I just tried and the only options are dial-up and satellite internet ($100 a month w/ no upfront costs or $70 a month w/ $500 upfront). I think I'll keep what I have. Thanks for the tip.

6. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I talked to my co-worker today and he told me that he has internet through altell. He originaly had it on his phone but he transfered it to his laptop. He said he pays 60 per month for unlimited access. He can change to a different computer at will and he gets good reception almost anywhere.

7. dunnhead

I'm going to look into that. Our cell is through AT&T and I'm sure they have the same service. Thanks.