Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In conversation my daughter, Ranger on Big Bend, had some amazing info.

The biologist and researchers there have discovered a new goings on with Rattlers. Javelina pigs love to eat rattlers and are pretty much immune to their poison.

They often find them by hearing the snakes warning rattle, a dead giveaway.

However in the past decade scientists have found the rattlers not rattling as much! A defense mechanism so as not to be eaten? That's what it looks like.

Bad news for humans that expect a warning. Very interesting to me.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Neat place where she works. Does she have any interest in or intentions to move to one of the parks closer to home? I work around the NPS folks up on the Buffalo River some. Good guys.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Neat place where she works. Does she have any interest in or intentions to move to one of the parks closer to home? I work around the NPS folks up on the Buffalo River some. Good guys.
Only if she can find a job with Forest service. We miss her. 1000 miles...
Arkansas park service sucks. So much drama she had to leave. They fired a trouble maker and tried to get her to stay.

She's working on her her masters degree Idaho state, environmental reclamation & and restoration. Over half through. She got her job over 53 applicants.

She lives in Adobe house in the in the middle of the Chihuahuan desert with her dog.

SmartSelect_20200901-095414_Facebook.jpg

Laura hiking 54miles in New Mexico's Pecos wilderness

1 - 7 of 7 Posts