Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member<br>2009 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<b
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need get some info from you good folks..........How many hunters, both Deer and Turkey or any other hunting or fishing for that matter, would consider a swap hunt or swap fishing trip?

Say a Turkey hunt in Arkansas for a Turkey hunt in Kansas. Maybe hog hunt for a Trout float trip on the White. Elk in Colo for Ducks in the Delta........and so on.........and on a national approch...........Say S. Carolina to Texas and ect........With access slowly declining, this could be the ticket for the adverage fellow to afford to do some good out of state trips.

I did a swap a couple of years back. A turkey hunt in Texas for a two day guided fishing on the White River and it worked out great.......First I went to Texas to hunt Rios........I killed four in two days(Three the first day, one the second).......Then the fellow came here with a friend and fished two days for Trout........must of caught 100 fish total in the two days, took home a two day limit plus one of the fellows caught a 12lb German Brown(released)..........the whole thing worked out great for all parties involved

Let me know what thoughts you folks might have on this type of adventure.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Great Idea.. I would be very interested if we got some things going like that.. I do alot of Bass fishing and I know some pretty good trout holes. I also hunt ALOT... I think it would be a good idea to maybe help someone get to do something that they could not otherwise afford or put togather.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ill swap a 2 day hunt for insurgents here in Iraq for a 2 day whitetail hunt???:biggrin:
Wish I could swap a hunt here for a hunt "there" ( ie~`Midwest or Canada ) & had the funds to make sech a trip..I will say this though,,God Bless & Thanks With ALL My Heart for serving "Our"(?) Country & therefore serving ALL of us Bro..As far as I'm concerned the governMENTAL folks should say ":censored: the big companies & set you service folks up for LIFE,,they sure don't mind asking you to give LIFE...I wish I could..Take care over there now ya hear & may God watch over you ( ALL of you ) so that you may return safely...Just stuff I wanted to say.....:flag:

·
Member<br>2009 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<b
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it is a good idea, just wish I had my own land that was good enough to trade with!
I once knew of a couple of fellows that swaped 3 days at their Deer camp for tickets to a Hogs game..........So you never know what might swap for what.

In these times of tight-money any cost saving idea, might just be the one little thing, that helps us fellows that live from pay-day to pay-day, to get out for just one more outdoor adventure.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
These swaps can work pretty good. I swapped two box blinds that I built for a three day turkey hunt in Texas for two hunters. It worked out great. They really like there box stands and we killed 8 rios. The only negative was that we only got 7 mpg taking those stands all the way to the panhandle of Texas. :smack:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I once knew of a couple of fellows that swaped 3 days at their Deer camp for tickets to a Hogs game..........So you never know what might swap for what.

In these times of tight-money any cost saving idea, might just be the one little thing, that helps us fellows that live from pay-day to pay-day, to get out for just one more outdoor adventure.

Hey I was not thinking like that, good idea. I could come up with something.:up:

·
Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
591 Posts
swap hunting and fishing trips

i live in mt home ar.i bowhunt for deer,gun hunt turkey ,fish for strippers,bass, crappie on lake norfork also a pretty good fly fisherman.are you interested in a swap hunt or fishing trip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.