Info on some duck calls?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by 10pointman, Dec 7, 2012.

1. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I traded for these from a member on here and was wondering if yall could tell me about them.
    View attachment 29902
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

i know the second one from the left looks like a haydell dr-85

3. RussHogFan

RussHogFan Well-Known Member

one on the left is a Mallard Tone. i've got an old teal call from them.

4. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

10point had texted me this photo, in regards to the RNT, it looks like a banquet call.

5. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    I have a couple of those old Mallard Tones (wooden call on the left) from back in the 70's when I was big into duck hunting.

I was a BBDH before being a BBDH was cool. :fit:

6. 10pointman

I wonder if the 3rd on the right is still made in England?

I looked online about the RNT,i couldnt find anything that looked like it.

7. backroad

backroad Well-Known Member

The two RNTs on the right are the ones that you used to be able to buy at the Walmarks. I had a few of em when I was a kid.

8. 10pointman

Just curious,How long ago was that?

9. backroad

backroad Well-Known Member

Well, I'm 26 now, and when I had them I was running around the house driving my mama nuts with it. So I'm guessing 18-20 years ago. :biggrin:

10. tator222

tator222 Well-Known Member

I think the on on the end Rich-tone-products were made by buck gardner back in the day and not RNT.

11. madduck87

madduck87 Well-Known Member

Ten four, I dont know is Rex Capps still makes em or not, my grandpa preached at England first baptist where rex was a member, hunted with him as a kid, i have two of these old calls at home, great calls

12. 10pointman

Ok,but how do they sound?
    They are in the mail,i dont have them yet.

13. 10pointman

Well,you never know.you couldve been 60 or 70.i was just wondering how old the call was.

14. 10pointman

Anybody?

15. SuthrnThundr

SuthrnThundr Well-Known Member

look em up on YouTube

16. 10pointman

Good idea!

17. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am glad you are going to enjoy those calls. All the names for them are in that text I sent you last night with the picture. I could not tell you where I got them. I have had them in my hunting closet for years. The one that is third from the left is marked "Made in England", and I thought it sounded best of all of them. I am no duck hunter that is for sure! I have been duck hunting once and goose hunting once and that was enough to last me a lifetime. I hope you enjoy them!

18. 10pointman

I bet i kill some ducks with them! :thumbup:

19. dakota12

dakota12 Well-Known Member

I think it was made by buck gardner in early to mid 90's.

20. Hambone

Hambone Well-Known Member

The two on the right are not Rich-n-Tone calls. The last one says Rich-n-Tone but it was made by Buck Gardner when Butch was allowing him to make polycarbonate calls for him. This was before Buck started making calls under his own name.

The third from left is a "Timber Rattler" made by Rex Capps out of England. They were never available at Wal-Mart to my knowledge even 18-20 years ago but you could pick them up at most Mom and Pop stores. McSwains used to sell a bunch of them back when Mark Weedman was still making the colorful "Weedy's Pin Oak" call.

I still have friends that blow a Timber Rattler. They are all from England and grew up hunting what is known as the "Big Ditch". Most of the guys from that area blew Rex Capps calls or Dittos.

The other 2, as already mentioned are a Mallard Tone and a Haydells

I personally think the Buck Gardner call or the Rex Capps call would sound pretty good. The Haydells would sound as equally well. I have never blown a Mallard Tone. Have owned a few but they don't have much of a face value so I have never owned them for very long