Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked a couple up, and was wondering how durable they are ? I noticed they sent some patches and glue in the box. Does anyone use these, and how often do you have to replace them ?

·
Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
4,212 Posts
i want to know what kind of success come from these decoys i have always seen them and have steered clear of them..let me know please!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had an inflatable jake and I loved it. Easy to blow up and easy to store away when you were not using it.

As far as durablility goes....I had a Tom get on him and put two spur holes in him the first year I had it. When he started deflating I shot the Tom off the top of him. I was able to patch it with two bicycle patches.

He survived that but about 5 years later I took Theridgehunter to Missouri with me and poor old jake didn't survive being acidentally stepped on by theridgehunter's size 13's. :smack:

It was all worth it though, we killed two nice Tom's that week. :thumb:

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
I have had 1 for a few years but I sure as heck wouldnt use it around the Ouahita NF you will be lucky if that decoy is the only thing that gets the air let out of it!:smack: They do react to air movement better though! But as with my warning I have already run one "Peckerwood" off of it before the wife and I got shot in the cross fire- will not use it again on public land!

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
They are great for hunting in the bottoms......if the water keeps rising you can float out on them:biggrin: :wink:

Never used them, but the one's I've seen look pretty good. Windy days it looks like they would move alot, but most light weight decoys do the same thing.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
4,212 Posts
How good are they as far as foolin an old tom....do they wrk..not worried bout durability plan on havin him dead way before he can put a hole in muh deek :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts